Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2022, 09:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #28608
2023 Thor Tellaro Roof Noise and Coolant Leak

Anyone experience an annoying rattling noise at highway speeds with their Tellaro coming from the roof area? I also noticed what looks like either a coolant or tranny fluid leak from a hose clamp connection on a line below the radiator. Ram dealer says line was modified by Thor and will not touch it. Stays dry when travelling. Stop for awhile and you get a couple of small drops on the ground. I tried tightening the clamp with no luck.

Old 12-02-2022, 10:32 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Nevada
THOR #27334
You'll have much better getting answers if you post a thread per problem. When you post a thread with multiple problems it typically leads to an unfollowable mess.

As far as your issues, it's under warranty yes?
widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy68 View Post
Anyone experience an annoying rattling noise at highway speeds with their Tellaro coming from the roof area? I also noticed what looks like either a coolant or tranny fluid leak from a hose clamp connection on a line below the radiator. Ram dealer says line was modified by Thor and will not touch it. Stays dry when travelling. Stop for awhile and you get a couple of small drops on the ground. I tried tightening the clamp with no luck.
A picture of the hose and leak in question would help. I can't think of any reason why Thor would have to do anything with the chassis engine coolant system unless they added a second heater in the rear that works like the dash heater.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:23 PM   #4

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
THOR #26179
Antifreeze & Transmission fluid should be different colors .Some MB Sprinters have a Transmission fluid line where it enters the Radiator that has had issues with popping off , but yours being a Ram , but as said , unless they had to remove something to add something , like a second alternator with a three belt system , of that I'm not sure .

Its probably going to be the RV dealer or fix it yourself , Ram & Thor might make it into one of those gray area's where its not their problem & you may need to get more info on who if any one did alter or remove it .

Is the clamp tight ?
Old 12-03-2022, 04:22 PM   #5

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Hopefully this does not apply to yours since it is a 2023 but thought I would mention and worth checking if you have not already:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ose-31760.html
Old 12-04-2022, 03:17 PM   #6

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
My FIL has a ‘22 Sequence 20L with the big lithium package. In trying to identify some charging issues he was experiencing (turned out to be a broken lead on the alternator), I did discover that Thor does something with the coolant system lines. I think it may be for routing heat into the main part of the coach, so you can better make use of it when using the engine as a generator or something.

Sorry it’s nothing concrete, but there seemed to be some confusion why Thor may be modifying it, so figured I’d add what little I knew.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
OP drove by and never looked back.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 05:45 PM   #8

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
OP drove by and never looked back.
Agreed. Don't think he even slowed down....
Old 12-06-2022, 08:20 PM   #9

State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy68 View Post
So, yeah...everything everyone else said...

The Tellaro's with UHG's have modified cooling lines, 2023's have the corrected routing. 2022's and maybe older 2023's do not have the modified path. The modified path was done to clear the UHG pulley, which on older units could actually cut the coolant hose.

If you have one with the modified path, you can tell by the clearance between the coolant line and the UHG pulley (there is also a metal pipe installed). You probably just need to adjust/tighten the clamp...given that's where it's actually leaking.

The rattling on the roof...could be anything up there, solar panel, roof rack...etc. Get someone up on a ladder and shake stuff...I'd bet on the solar panel, biggest item and would probably make the most noise.

ron
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:16 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Rattling maybe coming from a roof vent you think is tightly cinched but may need another slight crank on the handle. Common problem. The linkage may need tweaking also.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote