Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2022, 04:55 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Video Tour of the 2023 NEW Winnebago Revel

I got a chance to tour the new 2023 Winnebago Revel. I did not really notice any changes, but maybe you guys see some. Let me know what you think.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:12 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #25702
Great review / tour as usual Ruby. I don't see any changes or improvements over last year. The 171,000 price seems a bit lower than what some dealers here in California are asking. I just ordered a Ekko today, and I'm really looking forward to taking delivery . However, that could be six months to a year out. Keep up the great work . Cheers.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:13 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Great review / tour as usual Ruby. I don't see any changes or improvements over last year. The 171,000 price seems a bit lower than what some dealers here in California are asking. I just ordered a Ekko today, and I'm really looking forward to taking delivery . However, that could be six months to a year out. Keep up the great work . Cheers.

Congratulations.

Would be interested in reading your review of the EKKO when you finally get it. Six months to a year suggests they are either selling very well or else Winnebago can’t get enough supplies to build them fast enough. In my opinion the EKKO seems to be one of the best compact motorhome designs in that size range to come along in a very long time; at least high-volume mass produced.

Anyway, since you ordered it, would you share which options you went with? My understanding is that outside kitchen, awnings, Onan generator, etc. are options or items that can be deleted and or exchanged (like generator for extra lithium battery?).
Old 07-30-2022, 07:15 AM   #4

THOR #25702
Thank you, Currently Im in my Tranquility 19L , and looks like I will be for a while. I plan on selling it when the Ekko is a couple months out, so I'm not without a rig. The dealer said the delays are due to Ford not being able to keep up with the demand. I'm hoping the Ford platform will be as enjoyable as the Sprinter has been. I went with the generator single battery combination. The entertainment option, TV, Blueray. Roof rack, Neutral interior color, no red. Can't remember the outside color name, kind of a taupe, no graphics. I did not go for the pop top feature or the batwing awning. there is a kind of blow up bed feature that converts the front seats into a kind of grandkid size bed that I also figured I'd try. I decided to pass on the tailgate option as well. Think that's about it. Now its all about hurry up and wait. Someone is going to get a great deal on my Tranquility when the time comes. Until then , I'm going camping.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:07 PM   #5

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: Arizona
THOR #15205
That quasi slide is interesting
Old 07-30-2022, 11:55 PM   #6

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post

.....cut.... I decided to pass on the tailgate option as well. Think that's about it. .....cut.....

Thanks for reply. I think I follow everything else, but not certain what the “tailgate option” is? Is that the same as outdoor kitchen by entry door?

I like that Winnebago offers some choices to customize motorhome at time of purchase/order. You made good choices.

Hope you get it soon.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:56 PM   #7

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg0603 View Post
That quasi slide is interesting

What did I miss?
Old 07-31-2022, 03:52 AM   #8

THOR #25702
The tailgate is the kitchen. It includes a two burner range , a small refrigerator, and a small sink. If I remember correctly it’s a 1200.00 $ option. I though it was something I could do without. Hoping it’s closer to six month’s than twelve. I’m definitely impressed with the fit and finish . As far as the quasi or whatever, I’m lost on that myself.
Old 07-31-2022, 12:01 PM   #9

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
This unit and units like it are definitely for the younger crowd. I especially was turned off by the cassette toilet.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 01:01 PM   #10

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: Arizona
THOR #15205
I'm with Bob on the cassette toilet......

Sorry I was referring to what looks like that extra wall space pushed out in the bedroom. There's probably a better name for it.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:48 PM   #11

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
This unit and units like it are definitely for the younger crowd. I especially was turned off by the cassette toilet.
I agree on the younger crowd part .Part of the reason I'm moving to the Ekko. My Tranquility is just not quite big enough for two of us and the two dogs., Bed is hard to get in and out of for my GF. For fair weather its ok , but if your needing to hang out inside for a while, pretty crowded. I still like the layout of the Tranquility 19L above the Revel. As far as the cassette toilet, I'm fine with that. I actually like the convenience of more dump options.