Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2022, 09:55 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Video Tour of the NEW 2023 Thor Tellaro 20L

I owned the 2021 model and this one does have a few improvements.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
A couple of changes noted compared to the 2022. Looks like they moved the Balmar and other guages to above the door instead of on the panel below when you open the door. Also changed the way the bed is converted with a different brace bar as compared to 2022.
One important change in 2022 chassis vs 2021 is a 9 speed transmission vs the previous six speed.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:30 PM   #3

THOR #22773
Hey Robert, yes you have pointed out a few of the changes but maybe a small correction. My 2021 Thor Tellaro had a 4 speed transmission ... not a 6 speed.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:37 PM   #4

THOR #26907
Copy that and thanks for pointing it out. Probably works as well as the new 9 speed. I notice it does change gears quite a bit if I set the cruise above 73 or so even on slight grades which is probably not a good thing. It is fairly quiet though so not that noticeable so no major complaints. We averaged about 16 mpg fyi on a recent 8 hour trip to Florida. Sure beats the 7mpg of diesel on the class A we had before so pretty happy so far.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:21 PM   #5

THOR #22773
Robert, you hit the nail on the head as my two major concerns with my 2021 were
1) The transmission shift a lot when towing my Ryker, or up hills, or even cruising at 70-75mph.
2) I did not like the steering feel (amount of subtle inputs) at higher speeds (70-75mph)

Overall, I really enjoyed my Tellaro, but the Sanctuary is much better with those 2 items ... but I have sacrificed some space.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:52 AM   #6

THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Robert, you hit the nail on the head as my two major concerns with my 2021 were
1) The transmission shift a lot when towing my Ryker, or up hills, or even cruising at 70-75mph.
2) I did not like the steering feel (amount of subtle inputs) at higher speeds (70-75mph)

Overall, I really enjoyed my Tellaro, but the Sanctuary is much better with those 2 items ... but I have sacrificed some space.
Understood. I would like a little more power and no downshift at these speeds but...with the 9 speed the transition is subtle but noticeable however and does not really aggravate me yet. I am hoping long term it is not going to cause problems with the transmission however but only time will tell. If I could slow down to 68 instead of 73+ would have fewer downshifts but have a hard time traveling at less than 9+ posted speed limit which is an old habit.
I have not noticed any issues at all with steering feel at higher speeds and am overall pleased with the steering so far as compared to anything else I have driven. The sanctuary definitely has the cool factor and love the looks of those things! We thought about one but was afraid our Jeep Rubicon would be jealous....