Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2021, 08:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #22966
Water drains for a 2019 Thor Gemini

Does the 23' 2019 Thor Gemini have water drains? I looked under the coach and could find none. Where are they hid? As mentioned elsewhere, there is only a general operations manual with no specifics. I have many more questions but this will do for now.
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #2

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
We have a Compass 2019 23TR - so should be close to what you have. Our low point drains are behind the drawer under the oven. You have to pull that draw completely out. There are latches on each side of the drawer - push one back and pull the other forward.
The drain for the fresh water tank is near the water pump.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:50 AM   #3

THOR #22966

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. It would be nice if Thor provided the info.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:48 AM   #4

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Thor sort of does provide the info. The dealers are supposed to provide a walk through of your new unit. (If it's used, then the seller should provide a walk through.) When I picked up our new Compass, I spent over 4 hours going over all the systems with a dedicated person. He didn't know answers to all my questions. But did go and find out.
Then, there's the owner's resource website. https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ You have to register with your vehicle's VIN. But once logged in, there are lots of manuals and even schematics.
With all that said, the first time I went to winterize our rig, I forgot where the low point valves were located. (Old age!) I simply crawled under it and looked for a couple of drains. As it turned out, I did remember where they were so didn't have to search very hard.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #5

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I do not even use the low point drain , when I am winterizing I use a small hand held compressor (Air Hawk) and blow all of the air out of the pipes and then pump in the RV antifreeze. As Grant said the fresh water tank drain valve is in the compartment with the sewer connections.
Coveman2
Old 04-12-2021, 01:56 PM   #6

THOR #22966

I did find my fresh water drain. It's behind a panel in the rear compartment of my coach. I have the 23TR (the rear slide). Thanks to you both for the info. I'll jump right on that Thor site and sign up. I'd sure like more info than what I have. One last question. When you pump air in, am I correct in thinking you blow it in at the city water fill and open all your faucets in your coach, one at a time then run your pump and all the water is flushed from the lines? Then drain the tanks? I'll find the drains and if that's not too hard, I'll probably just open them.
Thanks again,
Frank
Old 04-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #7

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Yes , you get a blow out valve from any RV dealer or Amazon. Make sure you do not exceed 40psi and just open the taps one at a time. I drain my fresh water tank before i blow out the lines.
Coveman2
Old 04-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #8

THOR #22966

Thanks again.