Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2021, 08:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #24142
Water in exterior storage compartment

We have 2010 29BG Chateau Citation B+ with 3 slides. After a rain, I noticed water leaking into the front Storage compartment (driver's side) The water was entering by dripping from a braided wire assembly , coming in from the top that was probably something to do with the generator in the next compartment.

Today I ran a hose on the roof but only on a portion of roof above the drivers slide that has the couch. While the water was running I kept checking the storage compartment but no water leaking in. With the water previously leaking from the roof of the compartment, I assume the water was coming in from higher up. No sign of water damage or dampness behind the couch area.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
thanks

Old 09-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #2

THOR #24142
Water in Compartment

Further to my previous post, the slides were in during the rain and I kept it in while running the water on the roof.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:32 PM   #3

THOR #24142
found leak

I sprayed water on the bottom part of the slide (above the trim), It appears the lack of caulking allowed water to flow into the bottom part of the slide as when I opened the storage door, water was dripping from the wire loom. Now I have to scrape the old caulking out and apply new caulking and hope this was the cause and repair.