Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2021, 04:52 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #24965
Generator button on new 18t scopr

2022 scope 18-T

We used generator the other night and held the stop generator touchscreen button to shutoff.

Tried and tried to start today with full charge of battery/van running/inverter on but he light for start generator will not illuminate or react to touch. I have tried to read everywhere in manual and on RVMaster app for way to reset. I read one place to hold power off for 45 seconds. But nothing happened.

Also says “no fault” - going on long road trip and really bummed that my new rig is having so many problems——a lot more lot listed here.

Please help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Jason

Old 09-27-2021, 10:51 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Just an idea, but on Thor 2022 lineup, they usually do not allow you to start the generator with the platform engine running. My advice, is to make sure you are not plugged in to shore power ... do not start the engine ... then start the generator. You can start the engine after the generator is running.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #24965
I will try that for sure. Many thanks! We ended up staying with family and delaying our trip to sort out the little things.

Surprisingly, I have ever printed manual possible in my owners briefcase but the one for the onan. I noted that besides the delivery miles it had almost 2 on the generator when I first started.

Trying to stay positive as this is my first “brand new” car/truck/van/RV in 21 years. As I recall from my diesel pusher, Toterhome and class C ….a rolling home on wheels alway presents itself with some challenges.

I will check it out and let forum know outcome.

I had introduced myself of Promaster forum but not here..will do in separate post.

Short story: Midwesterner, lived in Chicago, nyc and LA and now going back and forth between Nashville, Albuquerque and LA with wife and dog
Old 09-27-2021, 04:40 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
NP, I have done many reviews of different B-Class RV's on YouTube, so check out my channel (Ryker Mom). I recently posted a review on the Thor tranquility I was trying to purchase but could not get it to pass the PDI. I will be posting my second attempt at purchase a Thor Sanctuary later this week and also could not get it to pass the PDI. That RV will only allow the generator to start with the engine off.
The RV industry has major issues right not with finding build labor, finding mechanics, getting parts, and absolutely horrible quality control. Conducting a thorough PDI is imperative to your sanity.
If you have purchased, this means that you will need to be very good at trouble shooting and fixing things yourself and these forums and YouTube will become your best friends ... the alternative is to bring it to the dealership and wait months for it to be repaired.