Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
What is a good price for a Thor Tranquility 19P

I have been quoted 117K ... is that a good price? What are others paying for a non Lithium model.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I have been quoted 117K ... is that a good price? What are others paying for a non Lithium model.

Thanks
A good price is the one at which the buyer and seller agree.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:48 PM   #3

THOR #22773
Yup ... now I have to find one to agree on
Old 08-08-2021, 08:40 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Searching RVtrader.com there is only one 19P ad that gives a price out of 16 listings: $152,223 which is probably MSRP. Used to be 30% off was a minimum, but no more. $117,000 sounds pretty good at 28% off.

David
Old 08-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Manufacturers are no dummies. They have raised the MSRP so that you still can get a decent discount if you push for it. The sticker on my 2019 was $139,000 but the same model with the same options now lists for a bit over $166,000.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #6

THOR #22773
Yes the price difference now from just 5-6 months ago is huge! Just 5 months ago I bought a new Tellaro for 79950 ... today they are selling between 90-95K and more at some dealerships.
I am tempted to just wait another few months and see if the market corrects back down to normal as there seems to be a buying freezing going on right now. Of course, there are a lot of people buying stuff they can not possible afford ... that usually results in a crash sooner or later.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #7

THOR #22773
I realize that some people might not want to share what they paid for their sanctuary / tranquility ... completely understand ... but maybe you could just send me a private email as I really do not know what is or is not a good price for these units.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Manufacturers are no dummies. They have raised the MSRP so that you still can get a decent discount if you push for it. The sticker on my 2019 was $139,000 but the same model with the same options now lists for a bit over $166,000.
Manufacturers have raised the MSRP because the coast of materials have gone through the roof. The same holds true with home builders where the lumber required to frame a house has risen over 100 percent in the past year or two.

You are correct, manufacturers are not dummies. They are not going to take a loss for any customer.

To the OP, the best price yesterdAy when someone else bought is not the best price today. Negotiate the best deal you can or sit back and wait for a possible market correction which may or may not come.

Good luck.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:27 PM   #9

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea37ts View Post
a good price is the one at which the buyer and seller agree.
yes yes and yes.. Well said.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:34 PM   #10

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Supply and demand will also dictate prices. If there is high demand the prices go up. If someone does not want to pay those prices they will find someone else to. A “deal” is nothing but state of mind. If you think you got a good deal, then you did. Even if they practically gave it to you and you felt that you got screwed and left money on the table. The happiest customers tend to be the ones that pay more as they are getting what they want at a fair price. This comes from selling thousands of cars over the years.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #11

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Supply and demand will also dictate prices. If there is high demand the prices go up. If someone does not want to pay those prices they will find someone else to. A “deal” is nothing but state of mind. If you think you got a good deal, then you did. Even if they practically gave it to you and you felt that you got screwed and left money on the table. The happiest customers tend to be the ones that pay more as they are getting what they want at a fair price. This comes from selling thousands of cars over the years.

Truth. I consider myself a pretty good negotiator - having finished a long and successful business career - but I almost never try to squeeze the other party to their bleeding edge. It’s not a blood sport so it’s just not worth it. And if I can’t afford a mutually advantageous position (price) then I probably shouldn’t be at the table in the first place.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #12

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Moving on from your Tellaro already? I would go check out the Coachman class Bs. I am certain that all RVs have the same quality control issues, they just seem to start with nicer furnishings.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #13

THOR #22773
Yes, I have owned the Tellaro for 5 months, put 11K miles on it, made a few modifications, and have corrected numerous items ... but nothing serious nor anything that wouldn't happen with any other RV. So I really have nothing bad to say about it from a quality standpoint. I know other may argue this point, but show me one RV that is perfect.

My only complains are that I really do not like the drive feel at 70-80mph. The Ram Pro-master platforms steering seems to always require those small input and I just do not feel comfortable / safe with this. I realize that Sumo springs may help, but why not try another platform and see how I like that. Maybe I am just too sensitive or spoiled with my other vehicles.

The other issue is that I feel the Tellaro may not have enough torque to maintain highway speeds (75mph) for long distances without laboring back and forth by downshifting gears. I know ... what's the hurry ... the drive is the journey ... etc ... but I like traveling at the speed limits. I also tow my Ryker and that requires even more pulling power.

The good (and bad) news is that the market is very strong for RV's and I was able to sell the Tellaro for a very good price ... the bad is that purchasing another new one means I will pay for it.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:54 PM   #14

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Yes, I have owned the Tellaro for 5 months, put 11K miles on it, made a few modifications, and have corrected numerous items ... but nothing serious nor anything that wouldn't happen with any other RV. So I really have nothing bad to say about it from a quality standpoint. I know other may argue this point, but show me one RV that is perfect.

My only complains are that I really do not like the drive feel at 70-80mph. The Ram Pro-master platforms steering seems to always require those small input and I just do not feel comfortable / safe with this. I realize that Sumo springs may help, but why not try another platform and see how I like that. Maybe I am just too sensitive or spoiled with my other vehicles.

The other issue is that I feel the Tellaro may not have enough torque to maintain highway speeds (75mph) for long distances without laboring back and forth by downshifting gears. I know ... what's the hurry ... the drive is the journey ... etc ... but I like traveling at the speed limits. I also tow my Ryker and that requires even more pulling power.

The good (and bad) news is that the market is very strong for RV's and I was able to sell the Tellaro for a very good price ... the bad is that purchasing another new one means I will pay for it.
I think your are right that a new MB would probably drive nice, the Transit might be better also, I haven’t driven either.

I would have agreed with you in the way the Tellaro drives until I installed the Sumo springs. It was a 100% improvement. The fastest I run is around 70 but she is completely stable now. Driving without the Sumo springs was very laborious, but my last trip was a pleasant 1780 miles.

No matter what you end up with give the Sumo’s a try if they don’t come as standard equipment.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:05 PM   #15

THOR #22773
Just as a followup ... I was able to negotiate this one down to $114,995 + 999 dealer fee.

However I had to walk away because the awning and limit switches were not working.