Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2022, 02:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: Virginia
THOR #25276
‘22 Windsport 29m Theater Seat/Recliners

The Theater recliners in our unit are very difficult to recline the back. You have to put one foot on the floor slide the seat forward with your rear end and push back very firmly - with about 4 times the force of a lay-a-boy. They lock open fairly flat.

They are also very difficult close. Once you get them out of the lay flat position to get out of the seat, you have to slam the footrest with a lot of force - sometimes several times to get them to stay closed.

Are there any tweaks or adjustments that can be made to aide these issues or is this just the way it is? We are still under warranty… but I don’t want to park at shop for months for something small like this.

'21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sky One Touch, 3.6L, 2.5” lift, Demco Brakes, Blue Ox A2.
Rclbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 03:14 AM   #2

THOR #25276
A couple pics.

It’s 2022 why can’t forum pics uploads autorotate!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F43C991D-E738-48DC-9C1D-DC61346282A2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	36298   Click image for larger version

Name:	EFFBDBD1-1204-4181-BF8F-F445FA43F0A6.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	36299  

'21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sky One Touch, 3.6L, 2.5” lift, Demco Brakes, Blue Ox A2.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:09 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
No answers yet. Is it under warranty? Suggest you find the furniture manufacturer and contact them. If you can't find the maker, try a call to Thor with your VIN.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:29 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
It is not clear. It is 2022, were all of the recliners that way or just the ones in your coach.

If they are new, I would agree that that is the way they are and I don't see how warranty comes into play? If they are defective why wouldn't you get them replaced. That us not small to me?

I don't see how anybody is going to have an alternate solution to make a brand new chair operative smoother than the what the Mfg was able to design, but I could be wrong?

Good luck, but in my view, it sounds like you just don't like the recliners, I would try to sell them and buy one that I like. The mfg may have upgraded recliner and you may only pay the difference.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:51 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclbud View Post
The Theater recliners in our unit are very difficult to recline the back.
We have the same seat.
Ours was not difficult to recline but one of them was difficult to close.
Take it to the dealer and they will fix it.
In our case the problem was that Thor located the seats too far back and somewhere it was rubbing and making it difficult to latch close...
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:22 PM   #6

THOR #25276
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
We have the same seat.
Ours was not difficult to recline but one of them was difficult to close.
Take it to the dealer and they will fix it.
In our case the problem was that Thor located the seats too far back and somewhere it was rubbing and making it difficult to latch close...
After posting this thread, I played around with our footrests a bit and it seems like the footrest hits the slide platform and it is preventing it from "latching" shut without significant force. Sliding the recliners into the coach about 1/4" or pushing the footrest 1/4" would probably be the fix. May try it myself ..... looks like the seats are held in with drywall screws lol.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclbud View Post
A couple pics.

It’s 2022 why can’t forum pics uploads autorotate!
They do. For years (decades actually) pictures contain all kinds of metadata including location, camera used, resolution, orientation, etc. This is called Exchangeable image file format(EXIF) data. Not all pictures contain info for all the possible metadata fields so in the absence of an orientation indicator software relies on the resolution indicator. Your pictures have a resolution of 1200 x 900 pixels which, by convention, is horizontal x vertical. They do not contain any orientation data.

By simply changing the resolution information to 900 x 1200 the image is rotated "upright":

This is easily done in any image editing software by rotating the image and saving it.

Then you end up with:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F43C991D-E738-48DC-9C1D-DC61346282A2 (2).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	36325  
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29m, recliner, theater seats