Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #9505
12 Volt Cig/power doesn't work

Newbie, first time, be gentle with me :-)
2018 Vegas 25.2, E450. The cigarette lighter / 12-volt power receptacle stopped working. I found the fuse box (engine compartment, drivers side and the fuse guide in the Ford manual). According to the manual, the fuse for this is in slot #72 and is a 20A. There is no fuse in that slot but in slot 70 there is a 30A.... is this it? I saw another post about a 2015 but the config looked different.

My biggest confusion is that the port worked previously, there appears to not be a fuse in the fuse box for it. I did have it serviced recently for a windshield leak could they have taken it out then and forgot to replace it?

Your help is most appreciated.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123

Look on the cover plate for the fuse box located in the front storage compartment on the driver side. On our 2015 Axis, the 12 volt cig outlets are labeled “power point” and have a 20A fuse located at F17.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #3

THOR #9505
Still no luck :-(

Thanks for the tip. Got a fuse from a Ford Dealer, still didn't work. Called RV dealer, they don't answer phones or emails. Called Thor Customer Service, told to get a fuse. Finally called a Ford dealer that is 75 miles away that will deal with an RV and an E450. Appointment on Thursday. all for a 12-volt dash power supply. Just one of 5 months of fixes on a new rig.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
I had problems with them also. The factory installed ones are junk. Found some marine quality units and installed those. Work fine. They are easy to reach and super easy to replace. I would try that fix. A few bucks instead of a big bill from a service place or a long wait when it only takes a half hour max.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Cig/Power outlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
2018 Vegas 25.2, E450. The cigarette lighter / 12-volt power receptacle stopped working. I found the fuse box (engine compartment, drivers side and the fuse guide in the Ford manual). According to the manual, the fuse for this is in slot #72 and is a 20A. There is no fuse in that slot but in slot 70 there is a 30A.... is this it? I saw another post about a 2015 but the config looked different.

My biggest confusion is that the port worked previously, there appears to not be a fuse in the fuse box for it. I did have it serviced recently for a windshield leak could they have taken it out then and forgot to replace it?

cshadid62@gmail.com

Hello I may be late on this, I have the 2016 25.2 Vegas. The outlet on the dash did not work on mine either. I looked under the dash and the power wire was not connected. I removed the outlet pulled the power wire through the hole, plugged it in and reinstalled the outlet. Well I hope this helps.!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #6

Model: Palazzo 33.2
THOR #8078
Hi, when you say it does not work do you mean that you tested it with a meter and there is no voltage, or that an accessory plugged in does not work? If you don't have a meter go and buy one. They cost about $15 and are really useful for RV owners. Put the meter on DC Volts 20V, put the red lead in the center of the power port and the black on the rim. If no power the first thing I would try is to put a new fuse in the empty 72 slot and see what happens. Minimal risk and might work. Maybe the shop took it out? The looking under the dash suggestion is a good one - on RVs things vibrate loose a lot.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:30 AM   #7

THOR #9505
Fixed the problem

Thank you for your reply. I checked the 12v port with a meter. No power. It turned out that there was an inline fuse that no one seemed to know about :-(
burned out 20 amp fuse.

Don’t know if it was a Thor mod or if it was a CW fix.

Thanks for all of the replies.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
cshadid62@gmail.com

Hello I may be late on this, I have the 2016 25.2 Vegas. The outlet on the dash did not work on mine either. I looked under the dash and the power wire was not connected. I removed the outlet pulled the power wire through the hole, plugged it in and reinstalled the outlet. Well I hope this helps.!
Same here, only I discovered it when checking out the dash radio with dog house off. We must have had the same guy working on ours. One wire hooked up and the other dangling
Old 09-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #9

THOR #11977
Same issue

This just happened to me today. 2017 Thor Axis 24.1. New GPS just shut off, driving down the road. I determined the power is out for the 12v dc plug. (Harmon is fine) Ed Felker guide says slot 72 for a 2015. Do I need to take it to a Ford Dealer? It’s always something!
Old 09-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #10

THOR #11977
Where was the fuse? I have same issue. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #11

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Engine compartment fuse box on the drivers side , row closest to the front of the vehicle 8th slot from the left headed right in slot 70 as I recall .
30amp Ford square fuse.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #12

Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
A question I have is why does this fuse blow. Could the wire have been intentionally left unconnected at the factory. I connected the power wire to the lighter but haven’t used it yet.
2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #13

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Cheryl H.,

Check the wiring behind the 12v outlet first. Mine was disconnected last year. I used some plyers to smash the female connectors slightly to make it a tighter fit - never came off again.

So im like the 3 person that posted here with the same loose wire issue - I bet this is very common so I would check it first.

Let us know what you find out.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:33 AM   #14

THOR #11977
I replaced the 30 Amp fuse and it’s working now. Hopefully it won’t just blow again. Thanks for the suggestions and confirmation of the location of that fuse.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #15

State: Nebraska
THOR #6107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

We are having the same issue on a 2017 Thor Axis 24.1. Took a trip this summer and found out our Garmin wasn't charging because the cig lighter fuse is not working. Took it to Best Buy and tech was unable to locate the cig charger fuse box. I do not think we looked in the front compartment yet. Maybe it is there.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:23 AM   #16

State: Nebraska
THOR #6107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Look on the cover plate for the fuse box located in the front storage compartment on the driver side. On our 2015 Axis, the 12 volt cig outlets are labeled “power point” and have a 20A fuse located at F17.
Larry - thanks for this tip. Will check out this as our cig lighter will not work either.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #17

THOR #11977
2017. Thor Axis 24.1 ...I fixed mine this week. 30 amp fuse. Bottom row. 8th slot in from the left. Fuse box is under hood on driver side. Good luck!
Old 11-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #18

State: Nevada
THOR #17353
Unhappy New owner need help

I screwed up, and plugged in a portable 300 watt converter in one of our three DC outlets so I could plug in a portable heater. Sadly it blew the inverter but it also blew all three of the DC outlets as well as the OBD connection. The model that we have is a 2012 Thor Hurricane 32D. I cannot find a schematic to go by in order to replace the fuzes, Everything else on rig is working fine, just the DC outlets not working. Can anyone help as to where to look for the fuze area that I need to look at in order to replace? I found the fuze box in engine area that is above the Grill, There is also one on the right side front compartment in engine area, those are all good, none tripped at inside panel, and again dont have schematic I can find online for the fuze panel under drivers side firewall, or the fuze box that is in engine area above grill.
Much thanks to whomever can aide.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:22 PM   #19

Model: Palazzo 33.2
THOR #8078
I have a different rig but blew the fuse on mine accidentally when doing a dash repair. The fuse box controlling my dc dash power is located in the storage bin in front of the left front tire. The fuse is 10 amp and labelled "power ports". Replacement was easy and the fuse cost $3.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #20

Model: A.C.E. 29.1
State: Washington
THOR #17375

I have a recently purchased (used) 2013 Thor ACE 29.1. There are two 12V cig/power outlets on the dash, with wires attached, but it appears to me that they have never been connected to power. There is a fuse F17 "Power Point" in the RV Custom Products BCC (Battery Control Center) box in the engine compartment. The fuse is OK, and should be the one for those outlets. But it's associated with the P4 accessory connector, which does not have any mating connector or wiring harness. I suspect that this would only be provided if the original owner had ordered a higher-level accessories package, which this coach does not have. So apparently it's possible that even though some items may be there, they were not necessarily ever wired or made to work, depending on the accessories package that the coach was ordered with.

Tags
12 volt, fuse, vegas