Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2022, 05:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #26080
Question on generator 'fault" on 2022 Thor Sequence 20a

On the second day of our first trip we encountered an issue with the generator (QG 2800i) running for a few seconds or trying to start but not starting. Upon checking the bmpro it had a yellow exclamation triangle over the coach battery which read 11.2v. The screen also showed 'fault' next to the generator status under the start stop line. I then started the van engine and ran it for about 20 minutes. That brought the coach battery back up to a sustained 12.4v but the generator still would only turn over but not fire up, and the status still said 'fault'. I went under the coach and reset the breaker on the generator which did not make a difference. The second night I ran the van to bring the coach battery to 12.4 and turned off all the 12v driven components except the tv on standby and the refrigerator on low power. In the morning the coach battery again had the warning symbol with 11.4v and the gen status still read 'fault'. I'm home now with it plugged into 110v shore power. What is problem, and how can I resolve it? Thanks!

Old 03-03-2022, 06:07 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
1. Check be sure oil is ok, not too full and not to low. All these units have auto shut off if oil isn’t right.

2. Make sure you have at least a 1/4 tank of fuel or more. Some units want run if less than a 1/4 tank.

3 Find the two fuel pump wires make sure they are plugged in tightly.

4. Validate fuel pump is working. Unplug gas line to generator, try to start if fuel pump is working, fuel will come out after you activate the start switch.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:47 PM   #3

Model: Challenger
State: Maryland
THOR #25281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdage2009 View Post
On the second day of our first trip we encountered an issue with the generator (QG 2800i) running for a few seconds or trying to start but not starting. Upon checking the bmpro it had a yellow exclamation triangle over the coach battery which read 11.2v. The screen also showed 'fault' next to the generator status under the start stop line. I then started the van engine and ran it for about 20 minutes. That brought the coach battery back up to a sustained 12.4v but the generator still would only turn over but not fire up, and the status still said 'fault'. I went under the coach and reset the breaker on the generator which did not make a difference. The second night I ran the van to bring the coach battery to 12.4 and turned off all the 12v driven components except the tv on standby and the refrigerator on low power. In the morning the coach battery again had the warning symbol with 11.4v and the gen status still read 'fault'. I'm home now with it plugged into 110v shore power. What is problem, and how can I resolve it? Thanks!

Hello sounds like your converter or inverter that charges your house battery is either tripped a fuse or not turned on which is causing your house batteries to run down. I don't know where this is located on your particular coach but someone should be a long here shortly to tell you where its located on your particular coach. Good luck
Old 04-13-2024, 10:26 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #32301
Hello there. I have just encountered the same problem. I bought the RV through Camping World and they stated that they had done a complete overhaul of the vehicle however, the generator does not kick on.

Did you ever find out the solution?

Tags
fault code, generator problem