Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31WV
State: West Virginia
THOR #20945
Winegard ConnecT 2.0

Used supplied SSID and PW to log into Winegard ConnecT just fine. To go to wifi router/extender you are to browse to 10.11.12.1 and log in there. ID and PW are supposed to be "admin." That is NOT correct. I can not log in.

2021 Four Winds spent a couple of months as a rental before I bought it but there was no record or reason of the PW to be changed.

Any other guesses as to password? Anyone know how to reset it?

I asked Winegard but no response yet...

Old 12-05-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelWV View Post
Used supplied SSID and PW to log into Winegard ConnecT just fine. To go to wifi router/extender you are to browse to 10.11.12.1 and log in there. ID and PW are supposed to be "admin." That is NOT correct. I can not log in.

2021 Four Winds spent a couple of months as a rental before I bought it but there was no record or reason of the PW to be changed.

Any other guesses as to password? Anyone know how to reset it?

I asked Winegard but no response yet...
On the unit itself press the reset button to reset the system to the factory defaults.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:02 PM   #3

THOR #20945
That does reset router login too? I'll try it tomorrow!
Old 12-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #4
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelWV View Post
That does reset router login too? I'll try it tomorrow!
Manual says it resets the system to the factory defaults so that would be everything.
FMCA - F432054
Old 12-06-2020, 06:01 AM   #5

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Find your manual set. It should include the docs from the winguard box. One of them has a sticker on it that contains the login and password.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Sinvce the OP's RV spent a few months as a rental before they bought it chances are a prior renter was a total jerk and changed the passwords. In this case a factory reset will be required even if the OP has the manual with the UID and PW. Also, If I'm not mistaken the factory set UID and PW are located on a table inside the dome of the Winegard Connect 2.
FMCA - F432054
Old 12-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #7

THOR #20945
I am connected with UID and PW that is on front of manual. The next step is to log in with IUD and PW of "admin." That is what was apparently changed. I'll see if reset puts it back to fault. Thanks for all the help, all of you.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:33 PM   #8

THOR #20945
Solved

Reset button put everything back to default except, I guess, my admin password. Asked Winegard customer service and they asked for SSID and PW supplied with system. They then sent me a 12 digit alphanumeric PW to use with admin login . . . got me in and everything is perfect.

My original support request was at 13:00 Saturday. 12 digit PW was received at 10:23 today after a couple info exchanges as described.

THAT is customer service!!
Old 12-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #9

State: California
THOR #20541
Just to add to your post, you are not alone! Our RV was brand new and the default password was not what was on the manual either I had to call winegard and they gave it to me. They definitely need to update their paperwork that goes out to clients or the RV dealers should be told to advise their clients about this! I wish I would have seen this sooner and I would have chimed in to save you the hassle of the factory reset!
Old 12-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #10

State: Maryland
THOR #15737
password is in the APP

From you phone, use the winguard connect app. I believe it is on the advanced settings tab it tells you what the Administrator Password it. There is nothing else in that tells you that information. Up until about the last 2 firmwares, they did not even let you have that information. From what I can tell it is a random generated series of symbols/Letters/etc.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #11

Model: ACE 27.2
State: Missouri
THOR #21166
I had the same problem and got the same password solution from Winegard. They told me that this applies only to the model WF2-35B. The password was supposed to be in the paper manual that came with the RV in a barcode on the first page. Unfortunately, I didn't receive the manual with my RV.