Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2024, 02:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Tennessee
THOR #30859
Dash Fans not working

I have a 2019 Thor Hurricane 34R. The dash fans, AKA windshield fan, have not worked since purchasing this unit. I bought it in 2020 with 6K miles on it.
The fans have never worked. I am unable to find the fuse that would be associated with this circuit. Measured no power at either switch but when I supply a different power source to the switch the fans work.
Has anyone had any issues with these fans? Thor customer support sent me some info, and where they noted the fuse was located, but there are no blown fuses.
I am a little frustrated at this point and considering running a new fused 12vdc circuit from the chassis battery.
Before doing this, I just wanted to see if there were any pearls of wisdom about this issue that could help resolve the problem before I add the additional circuit.
Any help is appreciated.
Also, Camping World, where I purchased the coach, has been no help at all.
Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Old 02-01-2024, 04:04 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff's Hurricane View Post
I have a 2019 Thor Hurricane 34R. The dash fans, AKA windshield fan, have not worked since purchasing this unit. I bought it in 2020 with 6K miles on it.
The fans have never worked. I am unable to find the fuse that would be associated with this circuit. Measured no power at either switch but when I supply a different power source to the switch the fans work.
Has anyone had any issues with these fans? Thor customer support sent me some info, and where they noted the fuse was located, but there are no blown fuses.
I am a little frustrated at this point and considering running a new fused 12vdc circuit from the chassis battery.
Before doing this, I just wanted to see if there were any pearls of wisdom about this issue that could help resolve the problem before I add the additional circuit.
Any help is appreciated.
Also, Camping World, where I purchased the coach, has been no help at all.
Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.
Power for the defroster fans comes from the chassis battery through a 100 amp 12 volt circuit breaker under the hood to the aux fuse and relay circuit board down by the drivers left foot. On my coach there is a 30 amp fuse on the board which Thor labels as D FAN. A relay controls power to the two wires 16 AWG from the relay goes up the windshield side covers to the fans. There is a relay control cable that runs for the relay to the dash switch. Power for most of the relays on this board are ignition switch controlled.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:12 PM   #3

THOR #30567
Thanks Beau388, it has been a while since posting this thread, but I finally was able to look under the dash area of the left foot. I do not see a PC board with fuses but there are 2 smaller wire bundles that have relays plugged into the bundle plugs.
I have not had time to check these but will repost if one of these relays is dedicated to the fan circuit.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:33 PM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #31897
Have you signed up at Thor's website for access to your coach's diagrams? The ones they will have are poor but are better than nothing at all.

Your '19 34R is probably very similar, in regards to dash area wiring, as my '18 29M. If so, you'll need to contort yourself into a pretzel to reach the two fuse boxes that are mounted to the firewall at the driver's left foot. The one you want is the lower box, probably will have the name BUSSMAN on or in it or on the diagram. Everything in that box is fed from the 50A breaker in the coach battery compartment so, if anything else coach-related works (interior lights, shade, steps, etc), the 50A breaker is okay.

If your dash fans are wired the same as mine, it will be fuse F12 in that box that powers the over dash fans through their individual switches.
Old 05-24-2024, 12:44 AM   #5

THOR #30859
Non-working Dash Fans

Ok, I have had time to go over some of the suggestions offered to resolve the Dash Fan issues in my coach.
I have signed up with Thor and have received a diagram that they stated was for my coach. The diagram and electrical info did not match my coach (i will reach out again to see why) but in the interim, I still have the issue of non-working fans.
I did look under the dash and there are no fuse boxes, PC boards or other fuses on the driver's side firewall near the area of the left foot. There are 2 wire bundles hanging down that have a relay on each bundle.
One of the relays does have the same color wire that feeds the fan switch, so I ordered a new relay and replaced with no positive results.
I know there is a fuse somewhere that needs to be replaced, but I am at a complete loss as to the location of that fuse.
I purchased the coach from Camping World and they say it is a chassis issue and Ford says it is a Coach issue.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:21 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Our fans in our hurricane only work when engine on.