Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Washington
THOR #21575
Feedback on Hurricane 29M

Looking for feedback on the 2021 model. Looking at it to replace our FR3 30DS. Right now main issue is lack of pass through underneath storage.
TIA.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #2

State: Michigan
THOR #17235
We have a 2020 Hurricane 29M and really like it. It is our first motorhome though, so not a lot compare it too. I looked online at the specs for the 2021 model and it looks like the fridge is electric only now, ours can go electric or gas. The floorplan is great for two people. There is very much written here about Thor build quality and we have had a few issues I consider to be minor, but others might call them major. I like to tinker so do not mind fixing and improving things myself. There is not very much "pass through" storage but I suppose the usefulness depends on what you have to store. The only thing I have that would not fit anywhere else is a telescoping ladder and it fits nicely in the pass through. I also put a couple of folding camp chairs there. Overall I consider the 29M storage to be adequate for us. There is plenty of room to overload the vehicle if you try!
After one year of ownership I would still consider buying another Thor if I was shopping again. I did a lot of research before making our purchase and the 29M floorplan is the closest to perfect for us that I could find from any manufacturer. We purchased it from General RV and have had a very good experience with them too.
-Ken
Old 12-20-2020, 02:51 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Mine is a close cousin to the Hurricane. I have 3 pass through storage areas. I carry a Weber 2200 grill and cart. 4 high back rocking chairs. An 8 x 12 outdoor mat. All kinds of cooking stuff. Water hoses, fittings, etc. an extra comforter and 2 pillows in a bay. My tire covers. Sunscreens. Even though the “pass thru “ height is only about 10 inches. I strapped a sewer hose tube onto the back bumper as I didn’t want my drinking water hose stored with a sewer hose. Plus I carry 40’ of sewer hose as several campground I’ve been to had the utilities at the front of the site instead of the back. I’d love an outdoor kitchen built in but the 29m floor plan with a king bed looks very doable. You may want to search this site about the full length slide. I read a post where a tech somewhere said it was too heavy for the motors (?). Good luck!
Old 12-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #4

THOR #21575
Thank you both!
Old 12-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #5

Model: 29 M Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #14300
Thor 29m Hurricane

We have a 2019 29M Hurricane. I have to echo what Vibeman said on his post. We’ve been really happy with the coach. The few minor things I’ve been able to just fix myself. I’ve done a some mods to the coach both in the chassis and the interior. I’m constantly fussing with it and making small improvements to me that’s half the fun of owning it ! It’s a great layout for 2 people and the occasional overnight with the grandkids.
I’ve found the storage to be more than adequate we use the pass thru for chairs and our outdoor rug also. For the price point think you get a lot for your money. Size is very manageable and it’s easy to drive.
RecPro Recliners
Pilobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:58 PM   #6

THOR #21575
Thank you!