Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2022, 09:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Washington
THOR #21220
Leveler is turned on by itself while I am driving

Hello,

I have a 2017 Windsport 31Z and auto leveler turned on all by itself and start to beeping while I am driving. The Auto leveler has been retracked completely and LCD screen showing the "RETRACKED" / turned off the system prior to leaving.

I took my RV to Poulsvo RV but they only reset the leveler to clear the error messages in system when leveler timed out situation.

Thanks

Yong Joo

Old 03-31-2022, 11:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
That's what happens when retract pressure is lost in the system. Check for leaks.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
My leveler manual says bleed down over time is normal and that the owner should periodically power up the system and press the all up/retract button.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:27 PM   #4

THOR #21220
Since I am not familiar to auto leveler system, Please forgive my ignorance.
Based on your post when jacks are up, it has to have retract system pressure all the time? if not auto leveler would turned on itself for waiting to retract the jacks???
Old 03-31-2022, 11:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by joo8450 View Post
Since I am not familiar to auto leveler system, Please forgive my ignorance.
Based on your post when jacks are up, it has to have retract system pressure all the time? if not auto leveler would turned on itself for waiting to retract the jacks???
It turns on to warn you that you may not have a jack fully retracted. Yes, the levelers are held up by hydraulic pressure.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:53 PM   #6

THOR #21220
Thank you very much for valuable info.
I appreciated a lot and it definitely make sense to me now.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:08 AM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
If the Power Unit Pressure Sensor goes bad, the system can think there is not enough pressure to keep the jacks retracted. You will then get a Jacks Down Alarm.

I had a sensor fail on my old Outlaw 29H. Even though the jacks were fully retracted the motors would continue to run. Sometimes it would even trip the 100A Bussman Breaker as a result.

After extensive troubleshooting I determined it was the sensor and ordered one from Amazon and it corrected the problem.

However, a leak or an issue with the control valve can cause a similar issue.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:24 AM   #8

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Could simply be air in the system. Nearly every hydraulic leveler system has a procedure for bleeding air.

Before panicking about leaks, etc. try COMPLETELY extending all four jacks. Extend the fronts first, then the rear. Let them sit FULLY extended for an hour or so. Then retract all four jacks.

Most jacks have a small plunger type switch at the top of each jack to signal they are fully retracted. Air in the system may prevent one or more jacks from fully retracting, preventing the switch from being triggered - so the system "thinks" one of the jacks is extended.

If able, crawl under and look at the top part of each jack. You may be able to see a small plunger switch. See if it's FULLY depressed by the jack foot. If one of the feet is down a little, and not fully pressing that switch - that might be your problem. Air in the system may be the issue.

NO GUARANTEES... but worth checking.
Old 04-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #9

THOR #21220
Well, I appreciated and valued everybody's input and it definitely plausible.
I will look into it.

Thanks Million.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:02 AM   #10

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by joo8450 View Post
Hello,

I have a 2017 Windsport 31Z and auto leveler turned on all by itself and start to beeping while I am driving. The Auto leveler has been retracked completely and LCD screen showing the "RETRACKED" / turned off the system prior to leaving.

I took my RV to Poulsvo RV but they only reset the leveler to clear the error messages in system when leveler timed out situation.

Thanks

Yong Joo
This system is a true, "PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!"!!!!
I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. I love the coach but as for the Levelers AND the full slide out I've had my share of heartache. It is one of several things. Can be a seal leaking in one of the legs, you may want to see if you have any fluid on the leveler pads. Could be a leaking hydraulic line so check each fitting. The last time mine began chirping and the pump kept retracting it was a bad valve on the top of the pump. There's four of them. The dealer in Concord, NC found it and happened to have one in stock and it's done fine ever since. Good Luck finding it and getting it fixed, hopefully the first time!!!!