Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
"Necessity is the Mother of invention."
Very nice!

Old 08-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Gotcha.

Thanks for sharing! I don’t really have anything like that laying around. Guess I will build my own.

I’ve had an RV technician come out for a slide problem on the last trip and said that the controllers were burnt out and dead. His thought was that the controller shorted, and fried stuff downstream. Not being able to use the slide or overhead bunk pretty much soured the otherwise great trip for the family. Getting it back to the dealer, their tech showed me that wasn’t the case. It was a power problem. The power cable fell off the back of the converter box, but I couldn’t get to it, due to the slide being “closed”. In addition to downer of being stuck in close quarters and not being able to use a key bed—we were genuinely bummed out and worried about having to replace 2 slide controllers and the 12v converter, as diagnosed by the remote tech.

As I don’t like being at the mercy of someone/thing that I could do on my own, I’m thinking about getting a jump box and being able to do like you mentioned.

As a side bonus, during the summer we do a bunch of swimming and have inflatables. Using the Viair device meant connecting it to the chassis battery—which results in my having to do it for the whole family each time. Having this device in the bag with the pump now means I could delegate the job to the kids and have them just plug the pump into this battery instead.