Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2021, 03:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Most Exciting Motorhomes for 2021

Which one do you want?

https://www.motorhome.com/top-storie...omes-for-2021/

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I became very interested in the Dynamax Europa when it was announced earlier this year. Unfortunately the release is behind schedule so there still are no pictures, borchures or dealer inventory to see what it really looks like.

During my recent frustrastions with my Magnitude slide, I started seriously considering if I should sell it now while demand and prices are high and move away from Thor. I really want a Dynamax but I don't want to spend another $60 - $80K more for a Dynamax Force HD. Based on the deascription I think the Europa would be about $30 - $40K more than the Magnitude.

After doing some research I have become very interested in the Nexus Ghost. The construction seems to be superior to many of the Super C's with an MSRP under $300K. Here are some of the construction features that I think are a winner:

- They only use a composite substrate and no wood in the coach so wood rot is a thing of the past should water intrusion occur.

- They use HSLA lightweight steel in the walls and roof instead of aluminum for a much stronger box.

- They use a one-piece fiberglass roof.

- The storage bays are galvanized and rubber lined.

- They use metal residential grade HVAC duct work.

- They use a lamenated steel-framed floor.

- 15,000 BTU A/C w/ Heat Pump in the living area and 13,500 BTU A/C in the bedroom.

- They use the Norco Accuslide system that use stainlees steel high-tension cables and pulls the slide evenly from all four corners. There are no "trax" and it seals completely. Moving a slide at each corner seems to make a whole lot of sense if you want it to move evenly and not bind. Here is a video of it

I am also intrigued by the International Durastar chassis at 26,000lbs GVWR and the 360 HP Cummins with 6 speed Allison transmission and 20,000lb towing capacity.

There are other very nice design features as well and it looks like a very high-end coach but the price is less that I thought it would be.

I have found some dealers listing them for $199,900. That is only about $45K over what I paid for my Magnitude but the contruction improvements see to be well worth the extra money.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I can vouch for the fiberglass roof...
They look like a really nice coach!
I'm just not sure about the amount of outside and inside storage.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I can vouch for the fiberglass roof...
They look like a really nice coach!
Likewise on the fiberglass roof. Wouldn’t buy another rig without one.

Nothing on that list impresses me, not even the Newmar Super C. I don’t see the value for the dollar in any of them.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #5

THOR #20220
Yes I think with rigs being built so fast these will have same issues as ours. I still have not seen a 2 or 3 year warranty on anything. 1 year still means .you will fix a lot on your own dime
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 05-12-2021, 01:59 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Yes I think with rigs being built so fast these will have same issues as ours. I still have not seen a 2 or 3 year warranty on anything. 1 year still means .you will fix a lot on your own dime
...Or you spend a lot of your dimes on an extended warranty.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #2121
The list is from October 2020, so a little dated. There are some really nice motorhomes included, but nothing I’d consider “exciting” in that I would not want to own them regardless of cost or how nice they are.

The cable slide is still a slide. Same issues for me regardless of how it moves — remains a deal breaker.

The only truly new design I’ve found exciting lately is the Winnebago EKKO and it didn’t make the list; probably because it’s a 2022 Model Year and came too late. Too bad it’s built on Transit chassis.

The revised Coachmen Concord also sounds promising, but they would need to add much shorter floorplans without slides before I’d consider one. The website hasn’t been updated, showing they are “coming soon”. I like the previous narrow body, low profile, flush floor through cab area, full body paint, etc.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:42 PM   #8

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I like some of the concepts and systems. It is interesting the evolution of the motor home industry. Like everyone else, I like looking at what is new and might consider a move forward with one.

Paul
Old 05-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We're sticking with the Gal that we brought to this dance...

... But we still like to look!
Old 05-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Jayco and Entegra have had a 2 year warranty for years. You didn’t look hard enough. Jayco has an additional 1 or 2 years on structure while Entegra has an additional 3 years on structure.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:54 PM   #11

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Granted our application/usage may be somewhat unique but I have yet to see anything new that competes effectively with our unit. We are currently on a trip to N/C to gdt another 4 leg family member.

It would be nice to have a little more space and a bigger shower. Just do not see anything that fits as well as what we have in the 24.1 Vegas/e450/6 spd.

Have heard good things about v8 but not enough on its own as the old tech v10 handled 6% grades without issue both up and down dragging 5600 lb open trailer. Since we only here 2 nights, did not even put slide out. The sheer utility is impressive.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:21 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Once you buy the "right one": it's pretty easy to stick with it!
So who is the new family member?
Tell us a little bit about him/her...
Old 05-12-2021, 09:11 PM   #13

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
An 8 week old English Sheppard male. A baby brother for our 10 year old girl. We lost our last at 15 in 2017 due to old age.

Looks like a Border Collie without the intensity. Very easy to train/teach and very popular with our friends at track. Girl is 35 lbs, last boy was 65. This one will be 40 to 60.

All our dogs have been great travelling and love the RV. Even in poor shape the old male would climb in to RV and park hoping for a ride. At disney he would always be watching out passenger window while girl louunged on dash.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:12 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
He sounds like a real winner. He sure found a great home.
Post pictures when you can.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #15

Model: Tiburon 24RW
State: Washington
THOR #16940
The only new 2021/2022 model that truly excites me is over in Europe: The Niesmann-Bischoff iSMOVE.

This is what the inside of all RV's should look like. Innovative use of space. Convertible walls. Hidden panels and cupboards that double as night time walls to close off the bedroom. Sleek, euro-design. No door or cupboard handles to catch your clothes.

It may not be for everybody, but I sure wish at least one US manufacturer would attempt this.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:07 PM   #16
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
The lure of the "Forbidden fruit"...
Old 05-19-2021, 07:37 PM   #17

THOR #20220
You are correct
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210519-133228_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	30648  
Old 05-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #18

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #11568
Accuslide

Be careful on the Accuslide. I had one on a 2016 Montana High Country. It was always difficult even after I lubed and adjusted it. It broke when I was on the lot trading for my Aria 3901. I had the extended warranty so it was covered, but it dropped in place when fully extended. It always had a tough time pulling back up and in
Old 05-19-2021, 08:54 PM   #19

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby_Tourists View Post
The only new 2021/2022 model that truly excites me is over in Europe: The Niesmann-Bischoff iSMOVE.

This is what the inside of all RV's should look like. Innovative use of space. Convertible walls. Hidden panels and cupboards that double as night time walls to close off the bedroom. Sleek, euro-design. No door or cupboard handles to catch your clothes.

It may not be for everybody, but I sure wish at least one US manufacturer would attempt this.

That’s a great looking compact motorhome, but unfortunately the US market is not ready for such a small, light, and fuel efficient Class A. I may be wrong though since buyers are now willing to pay over $150,000 for camper vans. Perhaps manufacturers will reconsider designing compact Class As again.

The Ismove is listed at 23 feet long (with twin beds), 90 inches wide, under 10 feet tall, and with GVWR under 4,500 kg (9,900 pounds). A new Class A smaller than Axis 24.1 might do well if designed more like a van, which is what Europeans have been doing for a long time. That’s essentially what I’ve called for from Thor — a smaller Axis designed like a huge van, including a bike/gear garage and sleeping for family of four.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AB51D815-8E01-438A-B924-E59C464204AB.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	30649  
Old 05-19-2021, 09:45 PM   #20

THOR #20220
For me a Thor vegas 25.6 with a little more external storage and a door on the shower