Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2020, 12:17 AM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
When I hear all of the negativity directed at TMC: I cringe...
If you're not working to solve the problem: you are part of it.

But my Tiffin has performed beautifully!

Old 09-16-2020, 12:22 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

But my Tiffin has performed beautifully!

Speaking of which, why hasn't Tiffin figured out how to do slides without carpet? What's going on under there that prevents it?
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:55 AM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I don't have carpet in either of my two slides...
But they do have a seamless; one-piece construction...
Old 09-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #24

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbach View Post
Speaking of which, why hasn't Tiffin figured out how to do slides without carpet? What's going on under there that prevents it?

What’s wrong with carpet in the slides?
Old 09-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #25

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Ducky was right........ I found the two threads about the guy wanting to return the coach he bought to the dealer.

The first thread started November 2019...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...und-19802.html

Then he posted a follow-up thread in April when he said he resolved the issue...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...led-21320.html

You can't believe everything you read or hear these days..... especially on the Internet but I would have been my next coach payment the guy would not have gotten this resolved to his satisfaction and never in 5 months.

If there is any truth to the posts, it is something I would have never thought possible. I know I would never want to spend the time and money to fight that battle and would go other routes.... like working with the manufacturer directly to give them the chance to make things right.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:55 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
As long as this be involves no money: I'll take him at his word...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #27

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Don't give up RN44. Many of us have been in the same position and feel your pain. I have had our coach since 2015 and it took time to get most of the problems taken care of. We still have issues but I am learning to take care of them myself rather than pay the shop rates at the dealer. I don't dare say all will will always be well but for now I am greatfull everything seems to work and I am saving money for the rear Kelderman suspension.

Good luck and keep sharing on the forum, doing so will help others and the chances are good that someone on here has already had the problem you may be having and hopefully will share the solution they found.

Safe Travels!
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #28

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
There was an obvious problem with his realities being different from actual realities.
This threads op should put absolutely ZERO weight on anything said by the poster in question.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:56 PM   #29
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I don't have time to search for it now..... but I am pretty sure it was on this Forum and not another one.

The guy started off with the same theme.... anyone know how to start the Lemon Law process on a coach. Everyone pretty much told him it was a waste of time... and money. He said he was going to pursue it anyway.

I then remember him posting a couple months later he got it resolved and I was pretty sure it was a dealer buy-back.

If I get a chance later tonight I will see if I can find if it was here or another Forum.

I personally still advise against it and recommend the Wakarusa route in this case.
I remember a case of a Hurricane awhile back but it didn't get resolved through a buyback or lemon law it finally got resolved through a good repair by a decent dealer or somehow under Thor's supervision.

To the OP, my suggestion is to send Thor a certified letter outlining the difficulties in getting the coach repaired and send them the documentation for the repair attempts. I have heard of manufacturers that have received those letters sending someone to pick up the coach and take it back to factory service for repair and then returning the coach in like new condition.

If the repairs were multiple attempts, or long time span for the same item(s) then it is definitely a warranty issue that Thor needs to handle.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:51 PM   #30

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
While I was transporting coaches for a while back in '16 and '17, I returned several 'new' coaches, even a Palazzo exactly like my own, BACK to the factory for repairs - apparently the factories WILL pay for the coach to be returned, on their own dime.
Now, as to whether they would transport it 'back' to the owner, after repairs, is a different story - I don't have any stories about that, though I suspect the answer would be 'no'.

I would give the THOR SERVICE CENTER every option to make ALL the repairs that you can give them a list for, and then SIT there and make sure EVERY one is complete before you leave their facility. They go above and beyond, from PERSONAL experience, to make you happy.

I also would think that no attorney would have much ground to move forward on if you haven't even given the factory service center the option to repair your issues. I would, though, push the idea, being nice, but firm, that YOU should not be responsible for the cost - I guarantee it would be cheaper for them to reimburse you, rather than pay a company, and a driver, to transport it back to the factory for you! It ain't cheap.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:05 AM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
As I recall: the lemon laws don't generally apply to the coach. There are exceptions: But these laws usually only apply to the chassis.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:20 AM   #32
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
As I recall: the lemon laws don't generally apply to the coach. There are exceptions: But these laws usually only apply to the chassis.
Lemon laws vary by state.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:25 AM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Yes... That is what I was trying (rather awkwardly) to say.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:34 PM   #34

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN44 View Post
I bought a brand new Thor motorcoach a little less than a year ago. We have had multiple warranty related issues, and the coach has been in the shop for a huge portion of the time we have owned it. We are using a second repair shop after the first one proved to be incompetent. Now the second shop is saying the majority of the repairs need to be done at the factory. We do have an appointment at the Thor factory coming up soon; however, we are a bit upset with the expense that this trip will incur for us. Gas to get the coach there, hotel, airline tickets, etc. Management at the Thor factory has said that they won't be helping us with the expense. I feel that we are paying for a brand new coach already, and that we have made every effort to have this fixed closer to home. We shouldn't have to pay anymore money to get warranty work done. I feel like it's time for us to consult with an attorney. Does anyone have any experience with this process, it any recommendations for a good attorney?
what is the make and model of this unit?
Old 09-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #35

Model: Thor class c outlaw
THOR #18162
In lieu of asking for reimbursement of the trip to the factory. You might ask for the factory to extend the factory warranty?
Old 03-15-2024, 02:42 AM   #36

THOR #32081
We purchased a new Thor Sanctuary 6 months ago and it’s been in the shop so much and it takes them so long to get the parts in. What ever happened with yours?
Old 03-15-2024, 11:46 AM   #37

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Sorry to hear about your coach being in the dealership so long. The process for any dealer to do warranty work is a slow one for sure. First the dealer has to determine the issue with an inspection. Then the dealer has to document everything and send it to the manufacturer to review and approve the requested repair. Once it has been approved, the dealer is then approved to order the needed parts from the various suppliers(most dealerships do not have an inventory of stock on hand). The dealer must then wait for the various parts suppliers to ship out the needed parts for the repair. Once the parts arrive, the dealer can then do the repair and return the coach back to the owner. On the warranty work, (at least at Thor) you can call Thor to be sure the dealer has requested to do the warranty work and requested approval for the repairs to make sure the dealer has not forgotten to do that step of the warranty repair.

Paul
Old 03-15-2024, 05:19 PM   #38

Model: Chateau 22E
THOR #31946
I don't understand the attitude of "BLAMING THE VICTIM."

A few years ago I bought a camera equipment from a famous resaler, finaly figured out it didn't work after the one month warranty is expired and the resaler refused to refund. When I complained on a forum, I got blames from several senior members on the forum, the same "BLAMING THE VICTIM" approach, accusing me all kinds of things, they indeed gave valuable advices to forum members on how to solve problems, but not in that case. (I am not implying anything here, just the facts.)

Later I got a cease and deceased letter from the company's legal department, telling me to shut up or else. That prompt me to seek advice from a legal aid company, they quickly sent a letter (free of extra charge) to the resaler informing them their "implied warranty" obligation, basically the seller can't sell you anything that doesn't work in the beginning, even though it passed the warranty period, like selling you a box of bricks or product that apparently don't have any quality and refuse to refund because it passed the warranty period. That resaler promptly refunded my money.

Later I described on the forum how the problems was resolved, and the forum terminated my thread immediately after my post when other members started to ask to help them, but I continuously get private messages from other members.

However, that applies to brand new product. I am not sure if that "implied warranty" applies to used product. You may want to contact Legal Shields or other legal referral companies, pay a small fee, and get good advice. That's why I bought a brand new RV with warranty rather than a used RV with no warranty. The dealer is still working on my problems, and I studied all the manuals and test out everything. Based on what I read here, I am sure I won't be able to find all the problems within its warranty period.

Just a last word, I really appreciate the advices I received here. I just don't understand why the attitude of "BLAMING THE VICTIM."
2024 Thor Chateau 22E
RetiredTorng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:29 PM   #39

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
It's incredibly simple and based on;
Had the buyer bothered to even so much as type(an example is following)
'Thor axis 24.1'
Into a search engine, they'd have found this forum on, likely, the first page.
Had they done the smallest modicum of research, they'd have had an excellent path to follow PRE-purchase.

They did not. Almost universally, they did not bother to so much as type 10 characters into Google.
THAT'S what they're blamed for.
They are not blamed for the quality or the service or the delay in either.
They are blamed for being totally, inconceivably, recklessly, un-superior in thought process.

No culture in the entire history of the world has ever ever ever said:
'Trust a vehicle salesman, do no research, buyer please be unaware.'
Ever.

Fools rush in.
What should we think of those who rushed their decision?

If you researched and then the rear end or engine failed on your new vehicle you'll see a completely different attitude here.
If you didn't research and complain of sawdust and extra -length wiring et al, that's 100% failure of the buyer.

We'll not very well put up with a victim mentality here(as you've found out about this forum in general)

I Consider it as if someone with a peanut allergy bought and ate a BabyRuth and then complained they landed in the hospital because the picture on the label, the ingredient list and the peanut warning, and A CULTURAL KNOWLEDGE IGNORED, wasn't enough to counteract their particular brand of ineptness.

For 1,000's of years it's been
Caveat emptor
It has never ever ever ever ever been anything else.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote