Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
FWIW there is a RV and Campers for Dummies book that is sold at Amazon and Target.

There is also a ton of other info available but it does require someone to invest one minute of time to type RV Beginners Guide into a search engine.
Yep but that doesn't fit the style of many of the "younger bunch". That want it now right now doesn't have time to research something unless it's the latest electronic gadget or phone. Thus we'll continue to see the woe is me posts.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:41 PM   #42

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
By the time I read all through everything on posts like these I forget what the OP asked in the first place...
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:59 PM   #43
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
By the time I read all through everything on posts like these I forget what the OP asked in the first place...
The OP asked if finding defects or workmanship type issues is normal when purchasing and taking delivery of a new motorhome.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #44

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
it was why is there air and the air I got from thor has construction debris
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 11-17-2021, 04:29 PM   #45

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The OP asked if finding defects or workmanship type issues is normal when purchasing and taking delivery of a new motorhome.
Ah, thx EAS didn't want to reread everything posted!
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:25 PM   #46

State: North Carolina
THOR #25067
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Yep but that doesn't fit the style of many of the "younger bunch". That want it now right now doesn't have time to research something unless it's the latest electronic gadget or phone. Thus we'll continue to see the woe is me posts.
This was not a woe is me post..

https://tjbryant.com

2022 Windsport 29m
tjbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #47

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbryant View Post
This was not a woe is me post..
Every comment doesn't apply to every poster. Some are general comments based on observations.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 01-06-2022, 06:47 PM   #48

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #24841
I have a new ACE and my punch list was 11 items long! Purchased last June and still waiting for parts from THIR. They can’t get parts from manufacture. Regarding your leveling system just use the auto leveling.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #49

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traina View Post
I have a new ACE and my punch list was 11 items long! Purchased last June and still waiting for parts from THIR. They can’t get parts from manufacture. Regarding your leveling system just use the auto leveling.
Name them.
Let us help you spend the 3 minutes to fix one or two or ten.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:47 PM   #50

THOR #24841
Thanks, the major ones have been fixed. New bedroom slide motor, new fresh water tank, shower door wasn’t closing properly. Waiting for 50 ft HDMI cable for front tv and wood trim under refrigerator.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:52 PM   #51

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traina View Post
Thanks, the major ones have been fixed. New bedroom slide motor, new fresh water tank, shower door wasn’t closing properly. Waiting for 50 ft HDMI cable for front tv and wood trim under refrigerator.
https://www.amazon.com/Postta-Ultra-...s%2C354&sr=8-4

$25, no waiting.

Why the wait?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:38 PM   #52

THOR #24841
Couldn’t open your link but if it was regarding the HDMI cable I told the tv dealer I found one on Amazon but THoAr would not cover it. I was going to do it myself but it entails going into and under the front slide then under the coach and into a wall and then into the cabinet above the couch where the receivers are. Cable is 50ft long. Also if I mess up anything along the way it is not covered. So I’ll just wait. I’m using a wireless HDMI not and it works great.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #53

State: Washington
THOR #25560
Your concerns are not an anomaly

Well I have to say you have a few mins r issues that it seems like the dealer would be able to fix. I have a 2022 Thor Windsport35M and we just got back from a 3 month trip and quite frankly we have major issues with this “Covid RV”we have loose trim and walls that have come out of square but the big issues are leaks, lot of them. From windows and room leaking into bunk cable over cab, water coming in from kitchen cabinet, slides leaking both of them, windows in cab area freezing inside, roofing material full of bubbles, over 31 items that need addressing. Going to Lazydays in Woodland WA on 3/24 and hoping to get this resolved. There in no quality control at Thor, well not in respect to my coach.
wA
Quote:
I recently upgraded from a travel trailer to a new 2022 Thor motor home. Wind sport 29m.

I’m finding quite a few problems and am curious is it normal to find things like this?

Issue with ladder install

Screw loose on leveling console

Trim popping out

And finally the worst one.. when I push the right leveling button the front driver side and rear passenger jacks go down. When I push the left, the opposite happens.

I’m making a list to take to the dealer but I’m a little perplexed at this seemingly poor craftsmanship. Is this an anomaly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03112F85-42EB-4424-A6ED-2C740E58814E.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	36445   Click image for larger version

Name:	41039FD4-8830-42D5-8147-4038EF7F5D83.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	36446  

Click image for larger version

Name:	65FA6BAC-D2C8-40F3-A236-B72A73D0CA4B.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	36447   Click image for larger version

Name:	56A8B828-3BE1-455E-B85C-079744892D91.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	36448  

Old 03-12-2022, 08:06 PM   #54

THOR #25560
Your concerns are not an anomaly

Well I have to say you have a few minor issues that it seems like the dealer would be able to fix. I have a 2022 Thor Windsport35M and we just got back from a 3 month trip and quite frankly we have major issues with this “Covid RV”we have loose trim and walls that have come out of square but the big issues are leaks, lot of them. From windows and roof leaking into bunk cable over cab, water coming in from kitchen cabinet, slides leaking both of them, windows in cab area freezing inside, roofing material full of bubbles, over 31 items that need addressing. Going to Lazydays in Woodland WA on 3/24 and hoping to get this resolved. There in no quality control at Thor, well not in respect to my coach.
wA
Quote:
I recently upgraded from a travel trailer to a new 2022 Thor motor home. Wind sport 29m.

I’m finding quite a few problems and am curious is it normal to find things like this?

Issue with ladder install

Screw loose on leveling console

Trim popping out

And finally the worst one.. when I push the right leveling button the front driver side and rear passenger jacks go down. When I push the left, the opposite happens.

I’m making a list to take to the dealer but I’m a little perplexed at this seemingly poor craftsmanship. Is this an anomaly?
Old 03-12-2022, 08:08 PM   #55

Model: Aria 3401
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjtbrit1 View Post
Well I have to say you have a few mins r issues that it seems like the dealer would be able to fix. I have a 2022 Thor Windsport35M and we just got back from a 3 month trip and quite frankly we have major issues with this “Covid RV”we have loose trim and walls that have come out of square but the big issues are leaks, lot of them. From windows and room leaking into bunk cable over cab, water coming in from kitchen cabinet, slides leaking both of them, windows in cab area freezing inside, roofing material full of bubbles, over 31 items that need addressing. Going to Lazydays in Woodland WA on 3/24 and hoping to get this resolved. There in no quality control at Thor, well not in respect to my coach.
wA
Wow. Good luck. We bought our Aria there(BYoung). Hopefully their warranty/service has upgraded. We were fortunate in that our issues did not keep us from traveling. They never did fix anything on the first try.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:19 PM   #56

THOR #25560
Thanks for the response. We are so unhappy with this Windsport 35M. We know we are in an uphill battle with this but I will now bow down too quick fixes. I understand it is not a Lazydays issue , I just want them on board to get it sorted out. Thor already showed me they really do not care about service after the sale. The awning on this coach was falling off in the front and Gander RV in CA were told to just use bigger bolts to fix it. Totally unacceptable to me. I bought new I want new or they can have a y back.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:23 PM   #57

Model: Aria 3401
THOR #22245
Bummer: thor was great for us and actually taking it back since the dealer did not fix it correctly. We were going in April but now pushing it to when the fools prices come down below $5.00
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:51 PM   #58

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Best use for these ladders are to look at - never climb up on them.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:15 PM   #59

THOR #25560
Question

[did you take your back to the Thor factory ?? I tried to do that when I spoke With Thor and they did not want it back. But we shall see how it goes on the 24th at Lazydays. Way to many issues for me. And it makes for unhappy travels.
QUOTE=HMCSW;337976]Bummer: thor was great for us and actually taking it back since the dealer did not fix it correctly. We were going in April but now pushing it to when the fools prices come down below $5.00[/QUOTE]
Old 03-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #60

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
A 2022 Hurricane. Did you purchase this new? During your walkaround and inspection the rep would have shown you how to use the leveling device, and needs to sign off that you were shown on the sales paper work. Don't start messing around with this if your not qualified to work on RV hydraulic systems, this will void the warranty. As for interior panels scrapped like this. This should have been replaced with a IOU from the dealer. As for loose screws, this is common and you will get used to using the screwdriver and many other tools in your toolkit... welcome aboard.

Remember, you have to go into this eyes wide open, I looked at 4 same type RV prior to my purchase. I walked away from interior issues, inop mirrors, beds that dont retract. Once you sign... Its yours... THOR isnt going to take it back, BTW... Prior to THOR delivering the RV to CW etc. They do an acceptance check, So tracking down who made the defect is going to be tough. Was it delivered from THOR this way or did the dealer damage the device while it was on there property.