Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #81

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Anybody notice that T Mobile is advertiser of this site. Be careful what you say, and as always support the sponsors, nothing is free. My allegiance to T Mobile has a new benefit / beneficiary

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #82

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
THOR #24216
Speaking only for myself, I’ll leave the T-Mobile cheerleading to others so inclined and instead opt to directly support the forum owner, RVLife, via my subscription to their premium service.
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #83

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax Isata 3 24FWSFX
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife View Post
Speaking only for myself, I’ll leave the T-Mobile cheerleading to others so inclined and instead opt to directly support the forum owner, RVLife, via my subscription to their premium service.
That is your right to do so.......

But they certainly don't seem to invest in this site in terms of updating it to the standards of other similar Forums. This site a bit antiquated..... especially the classifieds section.

But as other have posted on this and other similar Forums, these forums are dying a slow death. I'm not a Facebook guy but most people now go to Facebook Owners groups to share information and ask for assistance and advice.

I reluctantly created a Facebook account 5 months ago when I wanted to join owners groups to research my next RV purchase. It was helpful but I still prefer these Forums and I'm not that old...... only 60.

Now that I own a Dynamax I will say the Forest River Forum is pretty good compared to this platform. It also doesn't hurt that the Dynamax General Manager and other employees participate daily and will answer questions and provide information directly to Forum users. It was one of the factors in my decision making process to purchase a Dynamax knowing they were personally invested in customer satisfaction and customer service and not hiding behind a desk at HQ.
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #84

THOR #24216
Agree completely that this and other forums in general are withering away. Facebook is not my cup of tea, so I’ll go out with the forums when they disappear. Believe it or not I actually made a couple of posts about hotspot unlocking on T-Mobile’s forum when I was a customer, and theirs seemed essentially dead then as well.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #85
It's 'towed', not toad.

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
At least this forum is fairly thick skinned.
I do not readily or ambitiously participate on forums other than this one.

I used to belong to one, pre-2008 crash that was $500 a month to join. It's gone.

Then garage journal(I was booted for telling someone the 7 in front of their iq didn't mean they were lucky. When he asked what that meant, I responded with 'see?') I was on there for 6ish years. I never even used the words me or mine let alone did they know I had the Behemoth Garage. Those who came by were sworn to secrecy. I used to be very private about location and toys. For some reason startling to me I am not so shy here on this forum.

And now this forum.
This Thor forum delve was a social experiment to find out if you all were the selfish driving, unknowing of life, entrenched goofs I had thought. Yup. Some of you are but it turns out the experiment was about me and not you.

A very short term on the Pacifica forum to learn about the vehicle.
It should be called
'Karen can't remember where the start button is' forum.
Mommy van, mommy wine whine.

Tbird forum to learn of the car. A post a month or so if someone has a question. Like here, my question days were short lived. I'm an answer guy now.

I think our Thor forum is far more cross sectional of life in general with no brand loyalty to snapon(garagejournal) or Prozac and wine(pacifica) or restoring a bolt inside a transmission to the correct color while ignoring the aftermarket ac on your stupid restomod(tbird).

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #86

THOR #24216
I’ve been a member of a couple of car (Mustang) forums now for about twenty years. One of the two that is mostly local to the DFW area is pretty much dead or migrated to Facebook, and the other that is nationwide but limited to a specialty model from 2003 and 2004 is on life support. Good times on both, but the internet seems to have moved on.