Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2022, 02:29 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The signs are after you turn onto the road. The signs on the bridge can be seen from a distance. Don’t think anyone would be idiot enough to try driving through after seeing the signs.

You keep Waxe. I’ll stick with the proven Garmin RV.

Unless driver knows rig is well below 10’-8” high.

I know what you mean though, and shows through example how RV navigation is not a black and white issue. Garmin is indeed very nice but of most value to those who need or want the added information. There is grey area because needs can vary so much between RVers. If I drove a Super-C I’d want a Garmin too. For smaller rigs at other extreme Garmin added value can be much less.

I used a Garmin many years ago and wasn’t a fan back then. The new Garmin in my son’s motorhome is a million times better but seems overkill if it were in a Class B for example; at least for my needs. Google on iPad Mini or phone has met my needs good enough for years.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:55 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Here is where Mapquest and Google takes you to go to Kinesee Lake. Garmin avoids the area entirely.

Many thanks Garmin.

Mill Creek Rd Jefferson Ohio

Note, 1/2 mile in reverse to turn around.

Attachment 39012
Hey it works if you take all the wheels off and have your mother-in-law put on her draft collar and pull you through.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:17 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Any recommendation on the Garmin 780?
If it's the RV780LMT it's the updated version of my RV770LMT. A number of folks are using it without issues.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:36 AM   #24

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottosails View Post
How much you asking for that Garmin Pete? Why are you done with it?

$250 including shipping. We downsized to a class B and it has an entirely acceptable in dash GPS. PM me if you remain interested for PayPal info
Old 08-12-2022, 02:49 PM   #25
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
I have not had a problem with low clearances without a warring ever since I purchased low clearances data and installed it into my Garmin then my Rand McNally. It works with almost all navigation units.

Low Clearance POI - GPS Data

I edited the data base to remove clearances that were two inches above the height of my RV.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:04 PM   #26

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I bought the new Garmin 1090 RV unit. I programmed it for my new motor home plus it has a voice activation feature. I used that feature while driving near Phoenix Arizona where I needed to find a grocery store with a large parking lot. It did the job.

Paul