Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 05:51 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Why all the arguing ?????

I dont post much anymore, think I burnt myself out on my original mod thread, but I'm on the site everyday. I read a lot of the threads to hopefully learn something.

It seems the last several months I see a lot of arguing. Threats to block members etc, but mainly arguing.

Is it from last year's covid lockdown and everyone is still in a bad mood or what

I start reading the crap and turn off. I see it more and more. Folks that used to be helpful still comment but they argue to make a point or just argue to argue. I don't know.

We need to get rid of the negativity and get back to helping each other

That is all.

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-02-2021, 05:55 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Right there with you Jerry! I only log in once a week or two now due to all the bickering and bad-mouthing. Yeah I know, everyone needs to vent once in a while, myself included, but pace yourselves before you put yourselves in the ICU over stress.

Glad I'm not a forum moderator here....
Gary

GVP
Old 09-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #3

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Sadly the political influences, including horrible social media outlets, have created a huge divide in this country with many sectors trying to create specialized "victim class" for their niche. That just pisses off normal people. The climate, not talking weather, of the last year and a half hasn't helped and just fuels these divisions. There also has been an increasing snowflake group and attitude that are offended by everything. At least on this forum you can still express that but on irv2 the snowflakes have taken over.

A lot of people lately are on short fuse and the result is confrontational comments. Some get overt, many attempt to use snide or demeaning comments or posts. I get that way too sometimes but momma told me to count to 10 before saying something back. That usually has worked well for me, sometime I count really fast though.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Old 09-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #5

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Typing Temper

That is me....

I do apologize for jumping on peoples comments... I like structure and decorum and when you read posts time and time and time again where there seems to be typing chaos... well....
Just like this post, it was placed in the folder "Thor MH General Discussions"... It is a 'General Discussion' but has nothing to do with Thor MHs. I think it should have been in the Forum Admin and Announcements (a community announcement). A newbie mistake.

Then you read long posts with one sentence, no punctuation, NO proper spelling, upside down pictures. They go and continually post the pictures sideways and then 'cry' they do not know how to right it. One that posted "I do not know how to start a post."

It is the 'one poster' whom I am trying to leave alone, they may just be someone who is posting rubbish to start 'something', I have been suckered into to many of those... but you never know.... it could be the little ol' lady stuck on the side of the forum road looking for help.

When it comes to technical questions I do try to help, I do know my limitations and may err in my suggestion, but I still want to learn, always offering my help.

But I do have to go and give blood right now... I may be back.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #6

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, we all have those 'days' when it seems like any comment gets our feathers 'ruffled' and we HAVE to come back with an 'answer'! It's not always read, though, in the correct light - as typing and texted leave a lot to be desired when it comes to what I 'said', versus what someone 'perceived' me to have typed... it's all good, though.

Some of us, like myself, are probably a little too 'experienced' and want to quickly 'correct' those who we think 'think' they know what they are talking about. I admit to that, especially when it comes to things electrical. 'Arguing' about how electricty works just gets my dander up!
Old 09-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
and, it looks like you can simply go over to another thread: "Thor buys AirXcel" and see even more 'arguing'.... they got my dander up again, this morning!
Old 09-02-2021, 01:20 PM   #8

State: Texas
THOR #2121
There is a shortage of RESPECT. Mostly, lack of respect for others’ rights to disagree with us or what we may feel to be factual information.

It seems that more people today feel that when someone disagrees with them, it is the same as calling them stupid, or some other form of personal attack.

And to be fair, sometimes replies are intentionally rude and or insensitive, and that makes it much worse.

What makes it very difficult is when you know in advance that any (necessary) reply will be received poorly regardless of how it is worded, yet not replying is worse because it could cause harm. Otherwise, I prefer to ignore the comments.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Today’s culture, no matter how bad the performance at an individual or team level, here’s your trophy for being great.

Inability to think, accept criticism or be reminded of the part they played in the situation in which they feel victimized.

Many folks are real fast to call all employees of Thor idiots, or drunks or anything else but unable to accept the fact they bought the rig without an adequate test drive, and/or without doing an adequate PDI. The same applies to folks that violate campground rules and then come on the forum playing the victim because the campground enforced the rules. If you complain about the campground enforcing the rules don’t be surprised if someone reminds you that you violated the rules resulting in the enforcement.

The one thing that amazes me is the number of folks that ask questions where the answer is clearly listed in the owner’s manual and then don’t want to accept the answer when presented.

Folks need to understand that they have just as much right to be reminded of their shortcomings as they have to bash someone else for theirs.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #10

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Thanks Bob I haven't seen this in years. Was a big fan of MP as a kid

And it's exactly what I was complaining about
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #11

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm not sure I'm argumentative.
I am sure that I am as blunt as pancake batter.

My concern is when someone comes here with ZERO common sense asking
'what hammer Do you guys use', solely with no context or reason:

This is someone's
Doctor
Attorney
CPA
Pastor.
Boss
Influencer.

They ask such a thing and I just have to wonder how many lives they ruined along their silly self-centered path.

Please don't come here and show us how weakly you can ask or answer.
Consider, that we will consider.

You're supposed to be adults. Argue away. Dont be stupid, don't be lazy, don't be simple.
And
The lack of follow-up after one of us simply typed your header into Google and had an answer or fifty in .05 seconds. Or we did 1/2 an hour of research or went 100 yards in the rain to snap you a picture...and you can't act like an adult, or share the cure with the world...or even acknowledge.

Scuba used to ask the most elementary questions. I mean basic basic stuff.
Now scuba(and old man who used to do the same) are fixing problems daily for others.
They're the type you buy a steak for when you drive to meet them. Others are the type you wish you had a stake to drive into them.

"My friends are stupid and I have an obligation to tell them'
Said every right-minded person alive or dead(at one time or another.)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #12

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Dont be stupid, don't be lazy, don't be simple.
Hear, hear!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hear, Hear .png
Views:	26
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	33277  
Old 09-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #13

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
THOR #17969
As a first time owner and one who has an electrical/mechanical background, perhaps we forget that many have zero experience with owning a RV and may also have little mechanical experience. After wading through the repair and warranty issues with dealers and repair facilities, they come to this site seeking help and guidance. We are essentially are a school, and should consider how we want our students (children) treated.

My father used to say "if you can't say something helpful, shut up and listen. You might learn something."

If I feel I can provide useful information, I will chime in, if not I will leave it to someone who has more expertise. Hopefully I have not offended anyone in my 2 years of ownership and if I have, it certainly was not intentional.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #14

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Today’s culture, no matter how bad the performance at an individual or team level, here’s your trophy for being great.

Inability to think, accept criticism or be reminded of the part they played in the situation in which they feel victimized.

Many folks are real fast to call all employees of Thor idiots, or drunks or anything else but unable to accept the fact they bought the rig without an adequate test drive, and/or without doing an adequate PDI. The same applies to folks that violate campground rules and then come on the forum playing the victim because the campground enforced the rules. If you complain about the campground enforcing the rules don’t be surprised if someone reminds you that you violated the rules resulting in the enforcement.

The one thing that amazes me is the number of folks that ask questions where the answer is clearly listed in the owner’s manual and then don’t want to accept the answer when presented.

Folks need to understand that they have just as much right to be reminded of their shortcomings as they have to bash someone else for theirs.
Well said. I just love post that tell us what's wrong with their coach, how bad the quality and how poor the design. I don't bother reading any further because those people don't want help, they just want to complain and refuse to acknowledge they made an uneducated purchase.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #15
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1630599062
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Beating a Dead Horse 01.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	33278  
Old 09-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #16

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Old 09-02-2021, 05:19 PM   #17

Model: XG32 Magnitude
State: Alaska
THOR #21373

Name:	bobzmeme.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	33280
Old 09-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #18

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I dont post much anymore, think I burnt myself out on my original mod thread, but I'm on the site everyday. I read a lot of the threads to hopefully learn something.

It seems the last several months I see a lot of arguing. Threats to block members etc, but mainly arguing.

Is it from last year's covid lockdown and everyone is still in a bad mood or what

I start reading the crap and turn off. I see it more and more. Folks that used to be helpful still comment but they argue to make a point or just argue to argue. I don't know.

We need to get rid of the negativity and get back to helping each other

That is all.

Jerry
I agree! I am fairly new and some bitter. Folks ..I posted a simple article on Suntan lotion because as a minority I rarely use and my German Irish wife convinced me to use and someone posted I was PROMOTING a dam product!

I may drop out!!
Old 09-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #19

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVP-The Boxcar Children View Post
Right there with you Jerry! I only log in once a week or two now due to all the bickering and bad-mouthing. Yeah I know, everyone needs to vent once in a while, myself included, but pace yourselves before you put yourselves in the ICU over stress.

Glad I'm not a forum moderator here....
Gary

GVP

I agree! I am fairly new and some bitter. Folks ..I posted a simple article on Suntan lotion because as a minority I rarely use and my German Irish wife convinced me to use and someone posted I was PROMOTING a dam product!

I may drop out!!
Old 09-02-2021, 05:57 PM   #20

THOR #20220
My wife and I are thrilled to be newly retired and forum has saved our ASX. There are more bitter comments
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Closed Thread