Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2023, 02:19 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
The booster comes with the I10 system. I would have ordered without but, I could not find an I10 kit without the booster. Fortunately for me, the Tire Minder people know better than I that the booster is an absolute necessity. I originally thought, like you, that I would not need the booster since I was only planning to monitor the coach. So, I did not install it. Then the first time I drove with the TM system the first sensor to drop out was the Left front. That one is the closest to the receiver. After I installed the Booster, the sensor dropped out problems disappeared. In addition, the receiver acquires the sensors much more quickly as well. Also, calling it a booster is a misnomer since it is actually a signal noise suppressor that reduces signal interference.

Also We are talking about the Tire Minder I10 system. Comparing to the EEZtire system is like comparing apples to oranges.
I have the Tire Minder TM77 on a 39’11” Super C. The booster is connected to a power switch which draws power off the 12VDC power lug on my Onan Generator. For the past 2 years the booster has not been turned on and I have never suffered a signal loss. To me, it seems like the I10 may not be worth the money and the dedicated monitor systems are more reliable.

Old 04-02-2023, 02:22 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
I have 2 boosters installed. One up front and the other in the back. When I upgrade my tire minder system I got a new booster with it. The minder rep suggested using both just because I had them.

On my 29m I had the front one connected so it would only come on when the ignition was on. The rear was connected to the rear cargo light

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:48 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I have the Tire Minder TM77 on a 39’11” Super C. The booster is connected to a power switch which draws power off the 12VDC power lug on my Onan Generator. For the past 2 years the booster has not been turned on and I have never suffered a signal loss. To me, it seems like the I10 may not be worth the money and the dedicated monitor systems are more reliable.
Dedicated monitor system? The TM I10 system has a dedicated monitor!

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:57 PM   #24
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Dedicated monitor system? The TM I10 system has a dedicated monitor!
My mistake. I thought the i10 was the system displaying on an app.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:04 AM   #25

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
My mistake. I thought the i10 was the system displaying on an app.
No doubt your Diesel engine creates a lot less electronic "noise" than my Ford V10. Basically, the monitor is siting about 4' above the left bank of the engine. Hence, the reason I need to use the "booster".

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:11 PM   #26
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
No doubt your Diesel engine creates a lot less electronic "noise" than my Ford V10. Basically, the monitor is siting about 4' above the left bank of the engine. Hence, the reason I need to use the "booster".
I never needed to use the booster on my 37 foot 2015 Challenger which was a V10 gasser.

My biggest problem with TireMinder is the false alarms every time there is a sudden change in elevation when driving in the mountains. Minder Research has replaced a number of sensors because of this but it continues to happen.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:45 PM   #27

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Same here. I really do like the design of the TireMinder, but this last weeks trip from Kansas to California also gave warnings everyday. Seldom the same tire.