Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20911
Whirlpool Refrigerator Not Working

We have a 2020 Palazzo and have never used the refrigerator. We plugged in to shore power and have lights and fan running in the refrigerator, but it does not get cold. Both rooftop AC’s worked fine, so I don’t think it’s a power issue. Any ideas? We called Thor and were told to call Whirlpool. They won’t pick up. Ugh.

On a side note, our never used Whirlpool washing machine randomly turns itself on. We had to turn off the breaker to prevent it from starting.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Some residential refrigerators have the ability to turn off the compressor. Have you checked this on yours? On mine the control panel lists the two buttons that must be held for 3 seconds to turn it on or off. Ours is a Whirlpool side by side.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:21 PM   #3

THOR #20911
Do you mean a control panel on the refrigerator? The only thing it has is an off knob that you turn for temperature control. I left the RV for the night but will be back tomorrow to clean it. I will see if I can find some other switch I may be missing. I sure appreciate your input. I hope it’s a simple remedy.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:33 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLEN View Post
We have a 2020 Palazzo and have never used the refrigerator. We plugged in to shore power and have lights and fan running in the refrigerator, but it does not get cold. Both rooftop AC’s worked fine, so I don’t think it’s a power issue. Any ideas? We called Thor and were told to call Whirlpool. They won’t pick up. Ugh.

On a side note, our never used Whirlpool washing machine randomly turns itself on. We had to turn off the breaker to prevent it from starting.
The fridge is on the inverter circuit. Make sure the inverter is on and the circuit breaker for the inverter transfer relay is also not tripped. It is in power center and it should be labeled inverter.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:42 AM   #5

THOR #20911
Thank you!! I will check the inverter and circuit tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #6

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Do you mean a control panel on the refrigerator? The only thing it has is an off knob that you turn for temperature control. I left the RV for the night but will be back tomorrow to clean it. I will see if I can find some other switch I may be missing. I sure appreciate your input. I hope it’s a simple remedy.
Our 2016 French Door Whirlpool Fridge has a button you push to power off

apparently you have quite a different model
Old 10-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Our side by side has a control panel over the water and ice dispenser. Press and hold the lock and measured fill buttons for three seconds turns the fridge off and on.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #8

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Smile

Quote:
...and have lights and fan running in the refrigerator, but it does not get cold...
if the light comes on, you have power, but I know of no 'fan' in the fridge. If it does not eventually get cold, it's a compressor issue, as the shore power is certainly passing thru to the fridge to power the interior light. Even without shore power, the Inverter will use the batteries to power the fridge, IF you have the inverter ON, and there is battery power.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator; fridge;