Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2023, 07:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
Who is supposed to notify FORD about Warranty Effective Date?

I spoke with FORD RV Customer Service yesterday regarding some possible warranty issues. They informed me that I only have 1 month left on the 3 year Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I asked why? I was told that the Effective Date of the warranty on their data base is May 2020, the Build Date of the Chassis from FORD. I purchased my 2021 ACE 33.4 Brand New from a local dealer November 21, 2020. The Start Date of ANY warranty from both FORD and THOR should be that date. FORD Rep told me that the selling dealer need to notify FORD about the "ACTUAL SELL DATE" so FORD can change their data base with the correct Warranty Start Date (purchase date), and NOT the date when FORD completed the F53 Chassis Build Date.

I spoke with the Sales Manage of the local RV dealer where we purchased our RV from. I was told they they (dealer) notifies THOR of the Sale Date, so that THOR can reflect the Start Date of the Warranty being the SALE Date. But it is THOR who is supposed to notify FORD. She sent an email to THOR to check if THOR reported the sale date to FORD.

Anyone dealt with the same scenario as mine? How did you get the Warranty Start Date corrected for FORD (or even for THOR)?

ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
You dealer submits a Warranty delayed start form. Talk to your dealer
Old 04-05-2023, 07:39 PM   #3

THOR #21278
I did about an our ago. The dealership sales manager said they are required to notify THOR (which they did). But they never had to notify FORD. She said it is THOR who is supposed to notify FORD. She said she sent an email to for today after I left her a voice mail yesterday to check if THOR did notify FORD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
You dealer submits a Warranty delayed start form. Talk to your dealer
Old 04-05-2023, 08:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
I did about an our ago. The dealership sales manager said they are required to notify THOR (which they did). But they never had to notify FORD. She said it is THOR who is supposed to notify FORD. She said she sent an email to for today after I left her a voice mail yesterday to check if THOR did notify FORD.
Bull. The dealer notifies Ford on the delayed start form. They notify ford of the date of sale and odometer reading at sale. Thor has nothing to do with registering the Ford warranty.

Talk to the finance manager and not some brain dead sales person. Sales knows absolutely nothing.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:23 PM   #5

THOR #21278
Thanks for the tip. I will call them back and ask for the Finance Manager.

Quote:
Bull. The dealer notifies Ford on the delayed start form. They notify ford of the date of sale and odometer reading at sale. Thor has nothing to do with registering the Ford warranty.

Talk to the finance manager and not some brain dead sales person. Sales knows absolutely nothing.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:23 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:

True. Also, talk with the "warranty administrator". Technically, they are the person responsible for this. It took 3 calls and finally a call from MB to the dealer to get ours filed on the new Melbourne. FYI, the start date should be tje date you purchased the unit. Ford has that agreement with Thor and subsequently, the piss poor dealer network also.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:00 PM   #7

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Our dealer did all the paperwork for the Thor warranty and the Frieghtliner ( which covers the Cummins and Allison). The Frieghtliner shop had it all correct when we took it in for its 6 month maintenance. My dealer also did all the warranty registration cards for the appliances and TVs.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:16 PM   #8

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Just don't let grass grow under it. The timeline for the dealer to file for your warranty has a time frame set. Otherwise, it will default to when Thor took possession of it which could shorten your warranty substantially.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:47 PM   #9

THOR #21278
Just want to give an update (in case other owners encounter the same problem in the future). Dealership was NO help. Sales department manager tried to help. Finance Department Manager was NO HELP AT ALL (ignored my voice mails and emails).

I called FORD RV Support Center again last week and spoke with a different FORD RV Service Rep. The Rep was very helpful, not like the previous one I spoke to. He faxed me a "NOTIFICATION OF DELAYED DELIVERY DATE" Form. I filled in it with the needed information and faxed it back to FORD. I also faxed a copy of the Bill of Sale and a copy of the Nevada Registration Form (from the dealer during purchase). That corrected the Warranty Effective Date with FORD.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:05 PM   #10

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Just want to give an update (in case other owners encounter the same problem in the future). Dealership was NO help. Sales department manager tried to help. Finance Department Manager was NO HELP AT ALL (ignored my voice mails and emails).

I called FORD RV Support Center again last week and spoke with a different FORD RV Service Rep. The Rep was very helpful, not like the previous one I spoke to. He faxed me a "NOTIFICATION OF DELAYED DELIVERY DATE" Form. I filled in it with the needed information and faxed it back to FORD. I also faxed a copy of the Bill of Sale and a copy of the Nevada Registration Form (from the dealer during purchase). That corrected the Warranty Effective Date with FORD.
Glad you finally got it resolved. Good lesson for us. Make sure it is completed before driving off the lot. My guys showed me all the warranty paperwork even for the appliances.