Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 06:04 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Too much sensitivity and lack of common courtesy these days.

Now more than one definition of opinion.

Old days, you like A, I like B. Simple choice can give reasons both ways and still agree is choice that is free to make. Can still be friends and treat respectfully, disagree respectfully.

Now having an opinion equates to a "have you stopped beating you wife" type responses. There is no how do we get there, what is best route. To disagree now puts you as enemy not opposition. Complete lack of tolerance for opposing views.

We used to value reasonable dissent, disagreement. It sames more than ever my way or highway.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I'm not sure I'm argumentative.

Now scuba(and old man who used to do the same) are fixing problems daily for others.
They're the type you buy a steak for when you drive to meet them.
Now I am not being argumentative, but I am not an old man yet Athough I do get a kick how every now and then others read it that way. It is actually intended to be read as D Koldman

Truth be told my last name is Coleman. My first name begins with a D

As a matter of practical convenience I always request login ID as DKoldman so that I am 100% assured that I get my logon ID all the time

I hope to live long enough where the day comes where I truly am "Old Man"

Now about that Steak, I like mine Medium Well
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-02-2021, 06:33 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860

Old 09-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 09-02-2021, 06:49 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Now I am not being argumentative, but I am not an old man yet Athough I do get a kick how every now and then others read it that way. It is actually intended to be read as D Koldman

Truth be told my last name is Coleman. My first name begins with a D

As a matter of practical convenience I always request login ID as DKoldman so that I am 100% assured that I get my logon ID all the time

I hope to live long enough where the day comes where I truly am "Old Man"

Now about that Steak, I like mine Medium Well
You don't get to be an old man until you have to babysit for your great grand children - IMHO.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:03 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Now THAT's what I call a REAL food fight!
Old 09-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #27

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
You don't get to be an old man until you have to babysit for your great grand children - IMHO.
LOL well then I have a long ways to go. In fact; by your definition I may never become and Old Man.

Neither of our kids are married or seriously dating for that matter. My son is recent Engineering grad working for Stryker in Denver, and daughter just graduated looking to get accepted in few Med School options to start next year.

I am good with simply being called D, DK, Koldman, Dkoldman, or invoking the Ace's Doom video tactics as may be necessary with this crowd.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-02-2021, 09:13 PM   #28

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Vintage cook-n-kettle(look it up)
Is always ready to do
Hard corps mesquite bbq
Any time you're at the Grand Canyon.

A nice couple we met at a harvest host is due by here soon.
He's one of the reasons I bought that t-bird. He was so enthusiastic about driving route 66....
I hadn't seen anyone so totally gushing happy about something so mundane...I thought I'd buy me a piece of that. Two hours with them and he cost me a car purchase. My most sincere thanks to them.

Our tex(whatever that brand is. Stainless, electric, kind of a nickel color instead of 303) smoker
Has beef short ribs and a couple of RibEyes in it right now....
Old 09-02-2021, 10:08 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
... I am good with simply being called D, DK, Koldman, Dkoldman, or invoking the Ace's Doom video tactics as may be necessary with this crowd.
When my Missus yells, "Hey A-Hole!": There is absolutely no doubt about who she is peaking to...
Old 09-02-2021, 10:17 PM   #30

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Just remember this! A bitchin rv owner is a happy rv owner!
Old 09-02-2021, 10:41 PM   #31

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
I post pics sideways, and upside down, oh well, just not tech savy.
The pics I do post hopefully help people.
yrreT
Semper Fi
Old 09-02-2021, 11:00 PM   #32

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Vintage cook-n-kettle(look it up)
Is always ready to do
Hard corps mesquite bbq
Any time you're at the Grand Canyon.

A nice couple we met at a harvest host is due by here soon.
He's one of the reasons I bought that t-bird. He was so enthusiastic about driving route 66....
I hadn't seen anyone so totally gushing happy about something so mundane...I thought I'd buy me a piece of that. Two hours with them and he cost me a car purchase. My most sincere thanks to them.

Our tex(whatever that brand is. Stainless, electric, kind of a nickel color instead of 303) smoker
Has beef short ribs and a couple of RibEyes in it right now....
Sounds good, I like smoked ribs, especially when they fall off the bone just when I try to bite. I wish we had had the RV when we did our Family Vacation to the Grand Canyon. It was one of the best vacations we had until we actually tried to hike down to the bottom If you could have seen the look on my wife's face. She was not about to say she didn't want to do it with the kids being so excited, we were down about 50 yards when I looked at her and said you don't have to do this, we are not going all the way to bottom anyway, and she just started crying. Never seen her that happy So my daughter goes back up with her. My son ( an Eagle Scout) and I we venture on our way; we get about 80 yards and I feel gravel from above falling on my head from some one so I get closer to wall, but keep going. At about 100 yards down; we see a guide with a damn donkey coming up the path we were going down. My son and I said that was it; we turned around, wasn't about to try to pass a donkey on that narrow path. The Grand Canyon was at least 20 time bigger than I could have ever imagined, they should have named it the Grande Grand Canyon
Old 09-02-2021, 11:20 PM   #33

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I dont post much anymore, think I burnt myself out on my original mod thread, but I'm on the site everyday. I read a lot of the threads to hopefully learn something.

It seems the last several months I see a lot of arguing. Threats to block members etc, but mainly arguing.

Is it from last year's covid lockdown and everyone is still in a bad mood or what

I start reading the crap and turn off. I see it more and more. Folks that used to be helpful still comment but they argue to make a point or just argue to argue. I don't know.

We need to get rid of the negativity and get back to helping each other

That is all.

Jerry
You know one of the reasons I stayed around this site even though I never bought a Thor was because of the people behind the User IDs, everything was genuine about trying to help. How lucky were we to have found this site before buying I have also been on other sites, and it is no comparison. Normally when I see a post on this site with negativity, I typically ignore, or carry on as if nothing ever was said, but recently I found myself having to block accounts. Sometimes you find yourself in situations where you think you are trying to constructively help or share information, but for any given end receiver, they may view as you are personally going at them. I haven't seen all of the recent arguments, but for what I did see on thread that I was engaged in, the blocking was effective for my personal sanity although it is worth noting that replies from others to a person you have blocked will still show in the thread. I saw no way to fully blocked the person. All you could really do was ignore the thread and if you did, said person could be on another thread so one could go in circles or be driven away
Old 09-02-2021, 11:24 PM   #34

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Personally, I just ignore the negativity. There will always be that one person that just has to disagree or get snarky. Just ignore it, scroll past it, stop reading their comment, whatever.

Another issue is that it's a flat medium so some context is lost in translation.

Most of the time the people you want input from don't do it anyway.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #35

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
When my Missus yells, "Hey A-Hole!": There is absolutely no doubt about who she is peaking to...
So you must be lucky... you actually get a warning before that shoe or plate comes flying across the room
Old 09-02-2021, 11:46 PM   #36

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
dk - speaking of negativity... I'm losing confidence in my Turtle Wax ceramic... the side facing the sun is showing signs of chalking.

Please refresh my brain on the marine products you use. I thought you used Meguiars? Any confidence in the one step compound? Thinking about using that followed by the marine wax you recommend??

Back to the regular scheduled program...
Old 09-02-2021, 11:56 PM   #37

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. Was just trying to make a point to stop arguing. Hopefully this post helps

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-03-2021, 12:14 AM   #38

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Conflicting opinions make life interesting. We approaching 44 years of conflicting opinions here. All of the items that lose a step with age help, esspecially loss of hearing both directions.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:17 AM   #39

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
dk - speaking of negativity... I'm losing confidence in my Turtle Wax ceramic... the side facing the sun is showing signs of chalking.

Please refresh my brain on the marine products you use. I thought you used Meguiars? Any confidence in the one step compound? Thinking about using that followed by the marine wax you recommend??

Back to the regular scheduled program...
For my RV, For the RV body, sides, front & rear; I have used Meguiars Marine/RV Pure boat wax exclusively. https://www.meguiars.com/marine/prod...6-16-oz-liquid It is constantly waxed and all I need. However I do have the Meguiars Spray Wax and the Turtle Wax 3 n 1 Detailer spray. I use those when just cleaning a spot, say sap stain from a tree, or right after I wash off some bird poop etc.

If I encounter a tough stain say a black streak which is rare for me, but I do see occasionally; but it is coming from black sealant for the awning mounts I use Meguiars Mirror glaze #83 Dual Action Cleaner and Polisher.

For my roof which is fiberglass, I use the Meguiars Mirror glaze #83 Dual Action Cleaner and Polisher first and maybe a few month later after a cleaning I go over it again with the Meguiars Marine/RV Pure boat wax, but you don't have a Fiberglass roof so it does not apply. However, if you have a Rubber roof it has to be clean to keep the side cleans.

To wash my RV I use nothing but RV Wash & Wax. I actually use it to wash any car, boat or motorcycle. I love that stuff because I wash at least once a month and it applies thin coat of wax and dries spot free (well glass depends on temperature outside)

On the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray, I am still evaluating
Note: I have only applied this stuff on the roof

Pros
1. Goes on easily ( I can apply in 1/2 the time of waxing)
2. Leaves and twigs easily slide off

Cons
1. Expensive
2. Very thin ( I have already seen some decayed leaf stains in fiberglass
3. Does not shine (I can't ever see putting this stuff on my cars or the sides of RV) a deep shine is mandatory for me. I like to pull up next to a full body paint coach and look better Full disclosure I got some kind of automotive finish that Winnebago crows about but I forgot what it is called. It does look nice and no chalking except the roof front and rear caps seem like they chalk a little, it is a different finish.

Yes, it is time to get back to our arguments; I mean our open dialogue to stop the arguments
Old 09-03-2021, 02:04 AM   #40

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Been using for 5 years. Excellent results

Wash after every big trip..
Fast easy drys nice

Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax - 128 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027M3A1U...p_mob_ap_share
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Closed Thread