Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > General Discussion - Thor Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Years ago while full time cruising on our sailboat, we used St Brendan's Isle, https://www.sbimailservice.com/, as our mail forwarding service. Much has changed in the last twenty years as I think they mostly scan and forward the mail to you by email.

But when we were cruising, I set them up as my mail forwarding site with the PO (good for 12 mo and can be extended I think) to receive all mail. Then once a month or so when we knew we would be in a marina (in this case, an RV Park) they would Fedex all mail to me. Back then it was also possible for them to send it to a post office general delivery for pickup, but I don't know if that still works.

St Brendan's Isle is very professional and it works very well.

To minimize problems, I definitely would set up automatic bill pay through your bank so that routine bills get paid. But I wouldn't rely on that for everything. A mail forwarding service like SBI is a good way to go for long term RVing.

David

Tags
mail