RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > General Discussion - Thor Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
THOR #14780
[QUOTE=robertirvine1;277395]Very disappointed in the quality of our coach. Every trip there something falling off the coach. This trip the sliding bath room door track fell out of the ceiling. The last trip drawer under bunk front came off. The wall paper in the corners all over the coach is rolling off. For the money we spent this is really bad. Any time we take it in for some kind of service its there a month. For a Quantum 31f this hgt as been a very bad choice. So I'm asking were is the quality control. I can send pics if needed. Now to pick up the bath door.[/QUOTE]

To expect a certain quality from any product is only fair. The problem is the recreational industry has is no oversight or national standards for quality and safety.
Don’t be too discouraged or exasperated about the W.C Fields style of commits that appear here from time to time. Overall there is a wealth of information on these sites that will save you many headaches and save you many dollars. Good luck with your repairs and travels.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:48 PM   #62

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
This weekend I decided to get a new 4 piece set of pliers for the kitchen drawer. I've never owned at set of pliers and don't know much about them. I didn't want to spend $40 for those Craftsman pliers so I ran to Walmart and bought a "Hyper Tough" brand set for $6. They looked fine to me. I was shocked and furious when the bolt fell out of the pliers on the second use.
Does Hyper Tough have NO QA process??? Sure wish I had done some research. I could put the bolt back in and tighten it. It will probably work just fine but why should I do that. I'm going to find a "pliers forum" and raise hell about the $9 I spent at Walmart on this pos Hyper Tough pliers set.

pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:52 PM   #63
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
For six bucks: you get to tighten that bolt every once in a while...

Truthfully: I've got a set of pliers that do the same thing... for almost 50 years!
Old 02-22-2021, 10:56 PM   #64

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
This weekend I decided to get a new 4 piece set of pliers for the kitchen drawer. I've never owned at set of pliers and don't know much about them. I didn't want to spend $40 for those Craftsman pliers so I ran to Walmart and bought a "Hyper Tough" brand set for $6. They looked fine to me. I was shocked and furious when the bolt fell out of the pliers on the second use.
Does Hyper Tough have NO QA process??? Sure wish I had done some research. I could put the bolt back in and tighten it. It will probably work just fine but why should I do that. I'm going to find a "pliers forum" and raise hell about the $9 I spent at Walmart on this pos Hyper Tough pliers set.
I would return the pliers for refund or exchange, thatís how Wal Mart handles QC. Try that with an RV.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:07 PM   #65

THOR #12686
I don't need a refund, I just need the pliers. The new replacement pliers may break too. I'll stick with fixing these ever now and then and, as Bob said, maybe they will last me 50 years...if I maintain them. Who knows, I just might start enjoying using them and end up being a happy camper.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:17 PM   #66

THOR #14780
Quote:
I don't need a refund, I just need the pliers. The new replacement pliers may break too. I'll stick with fixing these ever now and then and, as Bob said, maybe they will last me 50 years...if I maintain them. Who knows, I just might start enjoying using them and end up being a happy camper.

You are too funny and believe it or not I respect your humor. Happy camping to you.🥷🏿
Old 02-22-2021, 11:21 PM   #67
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
They say that you love a person for their flaws: not in spite of them
Learn to love your RV in the same way.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:42 PM   #68

THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galobo View Post
You are too funny and believe it or not I respect your humor. Happy camping to you.🥷🏿
Thanks, Galobo. I truly do not intend my sarcasm to be mean spirited. The DW and I LOVE RVs. Any RVs. We happen to own a Thor and have had great experiences in it. Thor was spot on approving the ONLY issue we ever had, a leaking windshield 3 months after purchase. We have had so much fun making our RV ours, many mods and upgrades. We bought our Vegas over 3 years ago because it was priced right and the money saved went into the mods and upgrades, as Ducksface preaches, a starter kit to customize.
There are so many great people in this forum that have over the years, helped each other, laughed with each other, argued with each other and are still here when you need them. I rely on these "arrogant" jerks for their experience and knowledge as well as their humor and ability to just shoot the s..t and get us through our tough times.
Happy camping and hope to meet you on the road.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:16 AM   #69

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
That was a very nice post from Mike and Diane.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote