Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #8022
Question allstays app ?

We signed up for this app but I can not figure out how to use it to plan a trip and there does not seem to be a good demo in the system or online to show me how or if I can plan a trip from one state to another with stops inbetween?
Do you have to use it with google maps or somethingelse to do the trip planing ? IF there is a user out there that can help me to understand this app pls respond .
Thanks
Milo

Old 08-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
I use it to find Campground
Old 08-13-2018, 12:55 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
I use AllStays but have never purchased the app.

Instead I use the basic program to find campgrounds, etc., and use the referenced websites to set up a route using the program on my TomTom GPS.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:05 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I use Allstays all the time. If I am planning a trip, I decide what route I am going to take, how far I intend to drive each day and approximately where I intend to end up at the end of each day. Then I open up the map portion of Allstays to the area where I intend to end up and see what campgrounds are in that area. When we travel we often do not make a decision on where we want to stop until after lunch. Then my wife can open the app and using the map page, look ahead 100 or 200 miles or as far as we want to go that day and see what campgrounds are available in that area. She can then call and make a reservation and tell them what time we will be there. We find it very useful and use it almost exclusively when we travel. We like to stay at US gov sites as well as state and local RV parks and they all are listed.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:32 AM   #5

State: California
THOR #6557
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgr1930 View Post
We signed up for this app but I can not figure out how to use it to plan a trip and there does not seem to be a good demo in the system or online to show me how or if I can plan a trip from one state to another with stops inbetween?

Do you have to use it with google maps or somethingelse to do the trip planing ? IF there is a user out there that can help me to understand this app pls respond .

Thanks

Milo

I use this app, just planned LOS Angeles to Maine.
Start very simple, when you start the app you see the USA, use 2 fingers to expand the map until you see POI. Keep zooming in the map will show more and more POI. In the lower left corner you see an icon that opens and gives you the option to choose a Moveable Drop Pin. Choose a Pin, you will notice that it is somewhere on your map. Put your finger on the Pin and move it somewhere. We don’t care the location we are just getting the idea. Now touch the pin again, you now have the choice to make the pin a Start, Midpoint, Destination.. keep adding pins, do not try to plan, just get the idea.
In the upper left corner you choose POI, Costco, Walmart, State Parks, you get the idea.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:24 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
THOR #12270
is this in the google play store? i cant find it.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:27 AM   #7

THOR #6557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster View Post
is this in the google play store? i cant find it.

To the best of my knowledge not supported in google play.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #8

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
used to be supported on android, but he had problems with them charging too much for map access.
so now on android I just log into the site on my web browser...same tools.

As afar as I know there's no route planning....just look around on the map in the area you're interested in. There's a layer tool...check boxes...to narrow what is shown to look for everything, or only places to get LP...or only walmarts...etc...

very good service I think