Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2020, 01:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Arches National Park

If you haven't yet, DO IT!

That's all I'm gonna say.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:49 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Yes. It was one of our favorites. The campground is not that big and often full, but a ranger told us to ask at the campground in the afternoon and there are some places they might allow you to park at group sites, if they are not being used. We did that and were allowed to stay the night allowing us to hike several trails on the way in one day and several more on our way out the next. Spectacular.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:18 PM   #3

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
100% agree. We didn’t stay in the national park, but in a nice RV park in Moab. There are a lot of RV parks there, but they fill up fast. Arches National Park was the highlight of the trip, but there’s tons of stuff to do in the area. We have a Jeep Wrangler toad, so got in a bit of off-road trail riding. Fun, fun, fun!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #4

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
100% agree. We didn’t stay in the national park, but in a nice RV park in Moab. There are a lot of RV parks there, but they fill up fast. Arches National Park was the highlight of the trip, but there’s tons of stuff to do in the area. We have a Jeep Wrangler toad, so got in a bit of off-road trail riding. Fun, fun, fun!
I did some off-road in a Ford Ranger Edge, 2WD. It has a few more scratches now. I'll call them 'Badges of Honor'. She held her own under some amazing circumstances - for a 2WD. It's another good way to see this place. You see things you wouldn't otherwise.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:06 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
RV park recommendations for Moab?
Old 06-06-2020, 12:14 AM   #6

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
RV park recommendations for Moab?
I'm going to take you on the outskirts. I'm staying at Ballard RV Park in Thompson Springs, UT paying $28/nght for full hookups. Check it on Campground Reviews. The place is extremely well kept. The hosts, Mark and Nancy, are some of the nicest people you'll meet. Patricia has more knowledge about the area than an encyclopedia.

It's about a 40m drive to Arches from where I am. The town of Moab is 5 miles down the road from Arches and worth every mile. Try to get to the Moab Diner. Typical diner: good food, plenty of it, and reasonably priced. I walked out with a doggie bag, and I'm no slouch when it comes to eating.

They're weren't collecting fees at the time I went but the standard fee is $30/car - and worth every penny. Trust me.

Let me (or us) know if you need anymore info. I actually plan to come back next year after a winter hiatus in FL and catch a few places I missed on my way to the Tetons.

I need to add the winds here can get rough. If your RV needs sand blasting, this place can do that. Excessive may be a better term. Be prepared or there's a KOA in Moab, if you can get in. Can't speak for it.