Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #1929
Ocean Lakes Mertyl Beach

Has anyone been to Ocean Lakes in Mertyl Beach recently. I would like to get your reviews on it. I do have 3 small dogs and I would go when the kids are back in school. What other activities are there in the city.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #2

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
We've stayed there several times, but it's been about 3 years since our last visit. We always stayed in a villa, but the campsites looked good. We liked the place a lot. As far as things to do in the city and Myrtle beach area, there's almost anything you want. We were always there to play a lot of golf as it's the golf capital. Lot's of shopping, restaurants, entertainment. Now that we have our new unit, our next trip to Myrtle will be to camp there or Myrtle Beach Travel Park.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
Has anyone been to Ocean Lakes in Mertyl Beach recently. I would like to get your reviews on it. I do have 3 small dogs and I would go when the kids are back in school. What other activities are there in the city.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

We go every year in the spring, it's a great campground with a lot of amenities. We always get a site near the beach so its only a minute walk to the ocean.
Myrtle Beach itself has enough entertainment and places to eat to keep anyone busy, do some searches for the type of activities you enjoy and you are likely to find it there.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #4

Model: Aria 3601
State: North Carolina
THOR #5972
Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach, SC

This is by far one of our favorite campgrounds. There is plenty to do and the waterpark is awesome. They have all of the amenities of home and you do not have to leave if you would rather stay in the park. They have made golf cart trails for crossing Hwy. 17 if you need to go to Walmart Express, Popeye's Chicken, and many other stores right across from the campground. They have bingo some nights and have live bands other times during the year. In order to get a spot that you really like, you need to make reservations far in advance. Nice campground store, post office, laundry mat, golf cart store and rentals, restaurant, really good snow cones in the summer months and so much more! Very family oriented.... You will make lots of friends every time you go.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #5

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
We have always stayed at the Myrtle Beach State Park right up the street. It has its own beach front and pier. A nice quite wooded campground and a lot less expensive. But minutes to everything. Food lion is across the street. Murrells Inlet Has a lot of great places to eat. Huntington beach state park also has camping. If you stay at one of the state parks, you will not have to pay entry fees to the others while you are staying there. But if you want all of the amenities at the campground then these would not be for you. Anything and everything is close to you either way.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #6

Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #1929
Thanks for the info. I had looked at some reviews on YouTube and it sounds like everyone says the same thing. It is a good place to go.

Thanks.