Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Camping near Cleveland and the horrors therein

Ok no real horrors near Cleveland but a few good stories:

First of all: Just got back from a weekend at the Cleveland SE/Streetsboro KOA. (We frequent a lot of KOAs--they are like McDonalds you pretty much know what you are going to get even if you've never been to that particular one before.) This is a nice KOA where they try to keep the seasonals away from the weekenders. Which is kind of nice although the weekender spots are way in the back, and kind of sloped:

You can see we had to use all of our Linx levelers just to get close to level--fortunately the fridge worked fine.

Now for some horrors: You can read my blog post about the fun I had charging up the C-Max using the 50 amp plug.

The other horror story: Remember how the bathroom sink is plumbed to the black tank.... well somehow the bathroom sink was left on for an extended period of time. Fortunately we found it probably within 5-10 minutes of the sink overflowing. The black tank system is remarkably sealed up. When I first looked at the sink my thoughts were: "Wait its backed up and the plug isn't in, that can only mean the black tank is full!". We had the forethought to resist the urge to check the toilet and simply go out and open the black tank valve (thanks for full hookup-sites).

This happened on the first morning thus the black tank was pretty empty and almost all of the nastiness of it stayed in the tank--was mostly "fresh" water overflowing and getting on the bathroom floor.

After a quick empty (wow it does come out fast when its really full!) and clean up of the bathroom we were good to go again. As a bonus the tank read empty when it was empty! We cleaned off the probes!

Thankfully the rest of the weekend went well.. LOL

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Maybe this the best way to keep the guages working. Perhaps we should get the management to put this thread and the top of the post pile and mark it sticky.

I know, really stupid joke.

Ken
Old 08-17-2016, 02:35 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au
I know, really stupid joke
Hey I laughed