Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Just wanted the Florida rates for tickets for all 6 adults in the family. The rv park is cheap enough that my visa points pay for it. I can't wait to stay at animal kingdom Savannah side.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:29 PM   #42

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
If you bought DVC just for the chance in using it for a campsite good luck, it is very hard to do that, yes possible but very hard with such a low limit of sites for DVC. Good luck and hope you get a site
As I was told by DVC Fort Wilderness is not a DVC resort. As such you must make your reservations at least 4 months before your intended stay.
DVC then "pays"for your stay and takes the necessary number of points from you and "sells" them to cover the cost.
There is no "site limit" for DVC members just a time limit.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Delaware
THOR #2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaMyers.com View Post
Just wanted the Florida rates for tickets for all 6 adults in the family. The rv park is cheap enough that my visa points pay for it. I can't wait to stay at animal kingdom Savannah side.
Understand the lower ticket price, the Animal Kingdom Savanah view is great you will enjoy it.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Delaware
THOR #2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
As I was told by DVC Fort Wilderness is not a DVC resort. As such you must make your reservations at least 4 months before your intended stay.
DVC then "pays"for your stay and takes the necessary number of points from you and "sells" them to cover the cost.
There is no "site limit" for DVC members just a time limit.
You are correct it is not a DVC Resort and they do not charge the $95 fee if you are lucky enough to get a site, only when you reserve a cabin. The site limit I mentioned is how many sites they will let DVC have at a given time for availability.
Just like the cruise line most people say it is not a good point value to use it that way, they recommend renting your points then just pay cash for a site or cruise. I say if your happy with how you used your points that's all that matters.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #45

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Florida
THOR #5240
Nope, they do not work at the Fort.

Quote:
Thanks I carry 2 cable cords , a short one and a long one .
But I fear that the Disney cable won't work with my Thor Seiki tv's

What's the story Ed , or anyone else , do the Seiki tv's work on cable when you are at Fort Wilderness ?
Old 05-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #46

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Seikis without QAM decode capability will not scan at FW. Use your antenna -- we get about 60 channels.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #47

THOR #5374
Oh well guess we will just have to spend more time in the parks and sight seeing in the hotels and riding around in the boats and monorails and ........
With all of those local channels available we should be ok . As irritating as the tv's are the picture is pretty good , I will upgrade them as they die .

Pretty excited that we will be on our way Sunday morning. Our little dog died 3 days after Easter and we were heartbroken.
My wife is very proactive and wasted no time in finding a toy poodle breeder in the area . As such little Pippi will accompany us to Disney. She is very smart and does not demonstrate any separation anxiety so we believe she will do well on the trip.
May as well get her used to it at an early age since rving is her destiny !
Posted this from my phone and was unable to turn the picture , sorry that Pippi's picture is 90 degrees off .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4082.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	4981  
Old 05-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #48

THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
You are correct it is not a DVC Resort and they do not charge the $95 fee if you are lucky enough to get a site, only when you reserve a cabin. The site limit I mentioned is how many sites they will let DVC have at a given time for availability.
Just like the cruise line most people say it is not a good point value to use it that way, they recommend renting your points then just pay cash for a site or cruise. I say if your happy with how you used your points that's all that matters.
To be honest Fort Wilderness is such a deal compared to the other hotels we don't mind paying . I guess that's the wrong attitude to have but it doesn't matter if we use points or pay we will still go !
Old 05-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #49

THOR #5313
The first time we went, we were concerned about our 2 English Sheppards. They loved it. The little girl (6) camped on dash outside shade and the old guy (14+) lounged on passenger seat.

We always stayed in hotels and find using the small RV much more convenient. I do not have to make trips up to room with luggage and worry about pups.

We generally go every few months for 3 or 4 days. Being Florida residents saves money with Silver Pass.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #50

THOR #6491
Quote:
To be honest Fort Wilderness is such a deal compared to the other hotels we don't mind paying . I guess that's the wrong attitude to have but it doesn't matter if we use points or pay we will still go !

We are Disney campers. Love Fort Wilderness
Old 05-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #51

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Get there on the 30th awsemome place we go every couple of months it's a 2 hour drive from home

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote