Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2020, 10:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #12610
Over night in Canada

While I travel East US and Midwest I stay overnight at Cracker Barrels. Great food ,shopping and never crowded. Is there similar situations in Canada? I will plan a trip from Buffalo NY area to Nova scotia. Is there stops like that ,or can you stay a few hours at rest stops.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:50 PM   #2

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
THOR #17969
Since we are from the same area (southtowns), make sure you will be allowed over the bridge into Canada. I know the restrictions are pretty specific or you will be turned away. Best wished for a safe trip if you do get to go!
Old 10-23-2020, 01:50 AM   #3

Model: 22FE
THOR #5330
Edensob funny, nice little town with a Corn Festival. I live there also.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:37 AM   #4

THOR #12610
overnight in canada.

What restrictions at bridge? Do you mean Covid ? I am looking ahead ,maybe next year. I live near Int 86 south of you. I can go many ways ,Buffalo, Niagara falls ,1000 islands etc. I would be interested in what you know. I once bought a plane in Canada on E-BAY. It wasn't a good idea to fly it, so I dismantled it and trailered it home. I slaved on laws and customs pages, learning how to declare it and had dozens of pages plus he had all Canada transport rules and documents for me. When we entered US the guy in the booth looked at the plane on the trailer and said, how do you declare it ? I said deregistered airplane parts. He thought for a Minuit and said go ahead ,have a nice day.