Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,772
THOR #1150
Florida and Georgia to join EZ-Pass

This is good news:
https://www.e-zpassiag.com/images/Ne...AL_7-06-20.pdf
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 14,786
THOR #8860
Hallelujah!
Thanks for some very welcome news!
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"Well I may be confused... But you know I sure ain't down!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 4,593
THOR #7035
That's right up there with Federal law mandating that all toll systems be compatible by (date long gone). I'll celebrate when it actually happens, not when there's a press release.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,772
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
That's right up there with Federal law mandating that all toll systems be compatible by (date long gone). I'll celebrate when it actually happens, not when there's a press release.
Well it looks like you won't have long to wait to find out if its just smoke and mirrors or a real thing:
Quote:
Nicola Liquori, CEO of Floridaís Turnpike Enterprise : ďInteroperability with E-ZPass has been a longstanding goal, and now it is a reality. By the end of the year, millions of E-ZPass customers will enjoy the
benefits of the SunPass system on 764 miles of roadway from the Panhandle to the Keys. This effort
aligns with our goals to improve mobility by promoting electronic tolling and, more importantly, to
enhance customer service by increasing payment options.Ē
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 14,786
THOR #8860
My fingers is crossed...
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"Well I may be confused... But you know I sure ain't down!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #6
Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 78
THOR #19565
I actually just ordered an RV toll pass with access to most statesClick image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(6).jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	25137Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(7).jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	25138
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #7
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 4,593
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
I actually just ordered an RV toll pass with access to most statesAttachment 25137Attachment 25138
Yep; that's been discussed before. You're the first I am aware of that thinks it's worth the $15 a month to use it to pay tolls.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:42 AM   #8
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,396
THOR #1469
15.00 monthly service fee plus the 6.00 round trip to the outer banks is 21.00. And if I go for a couple weeks it could be 36.00.

Talk about a rip off. No way I’d let one of those things near my rig. I have more respect for money than to do something that .......
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:31 AM   #9
Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 78
THOR #19565
Gee I feel so welcomed
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:05 AM   #10
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
Posts: 52
THOR #3732
Indeed. I would only note (as an owner of an Illinois EZPass, even though we are from WA), if it works for you, thatís all that matters. In my opinion, if $ 20 / month is an issue, donít own a Thor. I think that works out to about the cost of the phone bill to our repair place, and I do about half the work myself.

Andy
2015 Axis 24.1
__________________
saerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,396
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by saerdna View Post
Indeed. I would only note (as an owner of an Illinois EZPass, even though we are from WA), if it works for you, thatís all that matters. In my opinion, if $ 20 / month is an issue, donít own a Thor. I think that works out to about the cost of the phone bill to our repair place, and I do about half the work myself.

Andy
2015 Axis 24.1
I picked the right dealer, did the research and conducted a comprehensive PDI and never had any major issues with my Thor Challenger in the five years we owned it so your analogy is not even in the ballpark. In fact, that was the only RV that I never had to file a claim against the extended warranty and felt I lost money on the warranty selection.

I will continue to use my EZ Pass which does not have a monthly service charge if used and I will continue to pay cash if needed in states that do not use EZ pass. I do, however, try to avoid toll roads if possible to keep from lining the pockets of greedy organizations (contractors or government).

As I have always said, folks can do whatever they think their wallets can afford. My wallet can not afford throwing money away.

If that's what turns your crank then go for it but don't balk when folks point out a major flaw with the system. I would hazard to guess that for 90 - 95 percent of the folks out here that system has no cost or economic benefit.

Agin, no thanks
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,396
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
Gee I feel so welcomed
Nothing against you. The system you are touting is the issue. Sorry that I posted a comment demonstrating the serious lack of economic benefit.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #13
Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 78
THOR #19565
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Nothing against you. The system you are touting is the issue. Sorry that I posted a comment demonstrating the serious lack of economic benefit.
I wasn't touting it persay, just stating the fact that I got it.

Even this second response is condescending.

Instead of encouraging me to consider the drawbacks of the system you decided to make me feel like am an idiot for not knowing the obvious.

What if I don't care about $15/month and consider it worth the convenience of not having to worry about which pass I need in this state or that state.

That maybe of NO value to you but for you to be so dismissive and condesending is incongruent with the nature of forum like this and honestly RV life.
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #14
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,396
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
I wasn't touting it persay, just stating the fact that I got it.

Even this second response is condescending.

Instead of encouraging me to consider the drawbacks of the system you decided to make me feel like am an idiot for not knowing the obvious.

What if I don't care about $15/month and consider it worth the convenience of not having to worry about which pass I need in this state or that state.

That maybe of NO value to you but for you to be so dismissive and condesending is incongruent with the nature of forum like this and honestly RV life.
You're right. I should have used "plugging" instead of "touting".

All of my comments were directed towards the system. If you think that they were directed towards you they were not in any way shape or form and you are mistaken.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:05 PM   #15
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: California
Posts: 51
THOR #2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
I wasn't touting it persay, just stating the fact that I got it.

Even this second response is condescending.

Instead of encouraging me to consider the drawbacks of the system you decided to make me feel like am an idiot for not knowing the obvious.

What if I don't care about $15/month and consider it worth the convenience of not having to worry about which pass I need in this state or that state.

That maybe of NO value to you but for you to be so dismissive and condesending is incongruent with the nature of forum like this and honestly RV life.
You're going to fit in here just fine.

Hang in there and enjoy these forums and keep contributing. Even though the more outspoken here have no problem sharing their positive and negative opinions, you'll get excellent responses from them when you realy need them.

To me sometimes it seems like some tend to reply as they are heading into change their Depends so they don't have much time to put together a pleasant response. Others will at times just comment to rack up their reply count.

But when it's all said and done this is an entertaining group, filled with experienced and knowlegeable individuals that are outspoken, but there for you with multiple opinions and solutions when you really need them.
__________________
Dave and Chris
US Navy (Ret),
KH2BD
dlbeck27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #16
Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 78
THOR #19565
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
You're right. I should have used "plugging" instead of "touting".

All of my comments were directed towards the system. If you think that they were directed towards you they were not in any way shape or form and you are mistaken.
On a good note, you made me consider the benefit of at least getting a TX-Toll tag so when I travel locally I don't incur the monthly charge
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #17
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 14,786
THOR #8860
I've got a way of looking at these things...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1595604963
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floating Your Goat.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	25160  
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"Well I may be confused... But you know I sure ain't down!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #18
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,396
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
On a good note, you made me consider the benefit of at least getting a TX-Toll tag so when I travel locally I don't incur the monthly charge
FWIW

Last August and September when we were looking at DPs one of the dealers mentioned that one manufacturer (can't remember which) was installing these systems (RV Pass) or something similar, at the factory and listing it as a feature. They also said the system would be activated during the sales acceptance process. Unlike Sirius XM there was no mention of a free trial period of 6 months or a year.

I wonder how many people activated this system and then got slammed with the service charge without knowing it was coming. Paper being shoved at folks rather quickly, finance mangers trying to rush folks to sign without reading, kid in the candy store atmosphere. Then the bill hits with the first use and the response from customer service "you signed the user agreement".

Again, FWIW.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:19 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
The_Breeze's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
Posts: 1,389
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
FWIW

Last August and September when we were looking at DPs one of the dealers mentioned that one manufacturer (can't remember which) was installing these systems (RV Pass) or something similar, at the factory and listing it as a feature. They also said the system would be activated during the sales acceptance process. Unlike Sirius XM there was no mention of a free trial period of 6 months or a year.

I wonder how many people activated this system and then got slammed with the service charge without knowing it was coming. Paper being shoved at folks rather quickly, finance mangers trying to rush folks to sign without reading, kid in the candy store atmosphere. Then the bill hits with the first use and the response from customer service "you signed the user agreement".

Again, FWIW.
"Paper being shoved at folks rather quickly, finance mangers trying to rush folks to sign without reading, kid in the candy store atmosphere".

That about sums it up.
__________________
The_Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
Posts: 5
THOR #15963
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post

We went with E-Pass Xtra a few years ago for 18 state coverage and no yearly fees like Ohio charges. $18.00 and your done except for your tolls that can be up to 40% less in FL.
__________________

__________________
harleyfltri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×