Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #81
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,124
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
We just talked with are friends and we might do for wilderness in January or February 2021
My concern is weather driving to Florida from southern California
Jerry
I have a solution for you...
Leave in August, and just take your time...
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points out the folly of Man!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #82
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,109
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
We just talked with are friends and we might do for wilderness in January or February 2021

My concern is weather driving to Florida from southern California

Jerry
Jerry...I know exactly what you are talking about...you have a much longer trek than we do...and crossing the Rockies/CO/Texas can be real tricky in the winter.....leaving KS in late November/early December is a crap shoot for us ! Then...going south..Ron has an OLD AF buddy in Magnolia, Ark..whom we want to see again....you cant get there from K.C. area...seriously...go south, then east to Little Rock then back west ...crazy..if we go straight down to Texarkana...we run the risk of lousy weather/icy roads etc....so we are ready to stop for the day/night whenever necessary...
THE MAIN THING IS JUST STAY SAFE ! and have FUN !!

K
__________________

__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:54 AM   #83
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
Posts: 41
THOR #16562
We'd love to stay at Fort Wilderness, but seem to have issues finding reservable periods. Does anyone have suggestions for time of year? Length of stay? How far ahead? Thanks.
__________________
bkterbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:17 AM   #84
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,124
THOR #8860
We made reservations for.next September (Labor Day week). We booked it about a year ahead of time.
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:13 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Jerry...I know exactly what you are talking about...you have a much longer trek than we do...and crossing the Rockies/CO/Texas can be real tricky in the winter.....leaving KS in late November/early December is a crap shoot for us ! Then...going south..Ron has an OLD AF buddy in Magnolia, Ark..whom we want to see again....you cant get there from K.C. area...seriously...go south, then east to Little Rock then back west ...crazy..if we go straight down to Texarkana...we run the risk of lousy weather/icy roads etc....so we are ready to stop for the day/night whenever necessary...
THE MAIN THING IS JUST STAY SAFE ! and have FUN !!

K
We decided that we will fly and stay at one of the nicer hotels there. Our friends can drive if they want and stay at Fort Wilderness. We'll just visit them at their campsite.

5 hour flight or 5+ days in the mh with possible bad weather. Ill take the 5 hour flight. Plus its cheaper to fly and stay in the hotel.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #86
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Delaware
Posts: 19
THOR #2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkterbush View Post
We'd love to stay at Fort Wilderness, but seem to have issues finding reservable periods. Does anyone have suggestions for time of year? Length of stay? How far ahead? Thanks.
You can use a travel agent to do your booking, there are some the specialize in Disney and would probably be your best bet, plus it does not cost you anything they get paid from Disney from your booking. PM me as I do have someone who I would recommend and actually use him for ours.
__________________
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #87
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,663
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
You can use a travel agent to do your booking, there are some the specialize in Disney and would probably be your best bet, plus it does not cost you anything they get paid from Disney from your booking. PM me as I do have someone who I would recommend and actually use him for ours.
Totally disagree based on experience with numerous trip to Fort Wilderness.

Don't waste your money using a travel agency. Select a time frame of when you would like to go and call Disney direct. We generally schedule a year in advance (depending on season) and have found that the Disney folks are more than willing to tell you when there are discounted periods and the best time available. Travel agents work off of commission and even though they may be paid by Disney they generally get a percentage of sales and the higher the sales the higher their pay. 30 minutes of your time on the phone can save you hundreds if not thousands. Also folks who send you to someone they know may be, not saying they are, receiving some type of finders fee or referral bonus or discount which generally hidden in your overall cost.

We always call Disney direct and have always had excellent customer service.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
bevedfelker's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,339
THOR #2601
For folks trying to find when Fort Wilderness has availability. Download the "My Disney Experience" app. You can then go into the app and search reservations and it will show you site availability on calendars.
__________________
Ed & Bev Felker
Retired USAF Col and retired Nurse
Traveling with Lily & Bella ('Teddy Bear' breed)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #89
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Delaware
Posts: 19
THOR #2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Totally disagree based on experience with numerous trip to Fort Wilderness.

Don't waste your money using a travel agency. Select a time frame of when you would like to go and call Disney direct. We generally schedule a year in advance (depending on season) and have found that the Disney folks are more than willing to tell you when there are discounted periods and the best time available. Travel agents work off of commission and even though they may be paid by Disney they generally get a percentage of sales and the higher the sales the higher their pay. 30 minutes of your time on the phone can save you hundreds if not thousands. Also folks who send you to someone they know may be, not saying they are, receiving some type of finders fee or referral bonus or discount which generally hidden in your overall cost.

We always call Disney direct and have always had excellent customer service.
Seeing there is NO cost to you are not wasting money, yes the more the agent gets you to book the more their commission is but you control that by not getting talked into things you do not want or need. The agent we use is a big Disney fan himself and can give a honest opinion as he tries his best to stay at all the resorts and actually is at Fort Wilderness right now. It comes down to your decision but they sometimes do have better chances at getting reservations when other have not. Just my opinion, good luck and have fun
__________________

__________________
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×