Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
Heading north on I-95

On Friday we will be somewhere north of Jacksonville on our way to Charlotte. Looking for a recommendation near SC / GA Border for a one night rest. Any recommendations?

Old 03-04-2020, 09:23 PM   #2

Model: 29 M Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #14300
Thumbs up Camp Lake Jasper

Try Camp Lake Jasper in Hardeeville SC. Stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Nice place with some large pull through spots. Just off I95.
RecPro Recliners
Pilobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #3

Model: Fourwinds 24F
THOR #9511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilobob View Post
Try Camp Lake Jasper in Hardeeville SC. Stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Nice place with some large pull through spots. Just off I95.

Ditto. We stay here at least twice a year.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #11007
Traveling I-95 between JAX and Florence SC, you might find that locating an overnight spot is the least of your worries. There's more washboard pavement on that road than some places I've driven in Canada and Alaska during the 90's.

Happy (and safe) travels!
Old 03-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #5

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
We almost always stop at Points South (Yemassee exit about 30 miles north of the Ga/SC border). We have stayed at the Oaks at Point South using the Passport America discount. We have also stayed at the KOA that is very nice. Got fresh, hot Hunts Bros.Pizza there at the campground. Easy on and off.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:23 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
We almost always stop at Points South (Yemassee exit about 30 miles north of the Ga/SC border). We have stayed at the Oaks at Point South using the Passport America discount. We have also stayed at the KOA that is very nice. Got fresh, hot Hunts Bros.Pizza there at the campground. Easy on and off.
If that's the KOA right down the road from a Thousand Trails be careful if it has been raining. We stayed there one time and the mud was horrendous. Luckily we were only there for one night returning from one of our destinations.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #11380
Check the SC State Parks website for places along your route. From my experience they are clean, friendly and definitely cheaper than a commerical park.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #8

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Savannah South KOA in Richmond Hills GA. We always stay there when we take the RV down to Tampa and back. Their office is open to 9:00 PM. It's at GA I-95 exit 87. Take US-17 south for a less than a mile. Entrance on left.

And agree with PituretheSouth post -- I-95 in SC is horrendous. Lots of delaminating blacktop. Almost every approach to and transition off a bridge is really rough.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:18 AM   #9

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
https://goo.gl/maps/5JH8oWeUtGt7e1c67

New Green Acres
stopped for an overnight a few years back. It was easy, they had an easy after hours check in system going... I can only assume it's still as good.

Not a great place to hang and spend vacation time...but perfect for an overnight
Old 03-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #10

Model: Fourwinds 24F
THOR #9511
I travel this route frequently on my way to see grand babies. These are the sites I stay in order of preference:

Santee State Park - nice and quiet, no highway noise. Two night stay depending on the season. E/W and a dump site.

Lake Jasper - nice and quiet, no highway noise. Sites are dry even in the rain. Pick your site when you book online. You can gator watch in the lake.

Macintosh Lake - again, nice and quiet. Can get muddy if it has been raining. 10% discount for military and vets.

New Green Acres - right off the highway so road noise. The sites are big and in the woods. Can get muddy in rain.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #11

Model: freedom elite 24he
THOR #14971
green acres is the place to be.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:18 PM   #12

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suite 40KSSB4
State: Michigan
THOR #7004
NC Camping

We have stayed at Roanoke Rapids NC, Carolina Crossroads RV Park. Very nice park for a one nite stay. All services are available. They even have late check in and drop box for all payment methods. Right off I95 behind the Hilton Garden Inn less than a mile.
Long level pull-through sites that do not require you to unhook.

Enjoy and safe travel
Old 03-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #13

State: Georgia
THOR #18261
Creekfire RV Resort and Camp Lake Jasper

I have stayed at Creekfire RV Resort right of I-95 in the Savannah area and Camp Lake Jasper. Both are good places to stay.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:22 PM   #14

State: South Carolina
THOR #15811
We stayed overnite at the South Carolina welcome center. Put the slides out and ran the generator. If you stay in the spots right as you go into the truck parking area, it is quieter than if you drive towards the exit.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #15

Brand: Keystone
THOR #5391
I-95 exit 1 in GA ~~ stop there about 6 times a year, There is a KOA and private CG Country Oaks ~~ for overnight we always use CO, If staying get a pull through and ask site number before arrival so you don't have to go around the 1 way streets, No pool just FHU a lot less!

Edgewater 205 EXP
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:10 AM   #16

State: Texas
THOR #16535
try Coastal Georgia RV Resort..$45.36 a night plus tax...just off of IH95 near Brunswick GA.....full hookup...cable tv and WiFi...bathrooms, showers, and laudromat...their phone number is 912-264-3869

directions are:::IH-95 (exit 29) at US 17 and turn left..go 1/2 mile west on US 17, turn left onto US 17 South (Ocean Hwy) for 1/4 mile, turn left at Martin Palmer Dr..go 1 mile and cross South Port Pkwy to park entrance at 228 South Port Parkway
Old 03-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #17
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I-95 exit 1 in GA ~~ stop there about 6 times a year, There is a KOA and private CG Country Oaks ~~ for overnight we always use CO, If staying get a pull through and ask site number before arrival so you don't have to go around the 1 way streets, No pool just FHU a lot less!
Sounds like St Mary’s GA. If so that KOA did a pancake breakfast. Our overnight stop going to Disney.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #18

Model: 22FE
State: South Carolina
THOR #9730
Hunting Island beach, Beaufort SC, USA you will find it is beautiful I have never stayed there to close to home.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:47 PM   #19

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Good evening,A dreary day, but I got more done than I expected. My search for TP was a bust, though. In any case, I'm done for the day; now I'm, er ... social distancing in the breezeway with a cigar and bourbon.