Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2022, 08:28 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #8284
Big Rig Trip to Olympic National Park

Hi, this is Brett. My wife and I are planning fall 2023 trip to some National parks. We plan on going to Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Olympic and Crator Lake. I am having troubles figuring out how to navigate and best experience Washington. I could use some advice from anyone who has made that trip or any of the sites along the way.
Thanks
Brett Trippet

Old 08-04-2022, 11:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Garmin RV GPS and Basecamp: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-780-GP.../dp/B07QFG179N
RVLife Trip Wizard: https://tripwizard.rvlife.com/
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:32 AM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Lots of options from getting from Crator Lake to the Olympics. Depends on how much time you have. If time is an issue just take the 5 up north to them. If you have the time I would start along the coast in Oregon into Washington and explore the peninsula. If you are going to the Olympics you can’t leave out the rain forest as well.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:39 AM   #4

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Lots of options from getting from Crator Lake to the Olympics. Depends on how much time you have. If time is an issue just take the 5 up north to them. If you have the time I would start along the coast in Oregon into Washington and explore the peninsula. If you are going to the Olympics you can’t leave out the rain forest as well.
Absolutely do 101 up the coast of Oregon and if you have time Washington. We did it in a 41 foot diesel pusher towing a Ford Sportrac. Also took the ferry with that rig from Port Townsend over to Fort Casey and drove it across Deception Pass. What ever you do don't miss Deception Pas. There will not be anywhere to stop and park with the RV but we drove back the next day in the toad and checked it out.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crator lake, glacier, grand teton, olympic, yellowstone