Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
We got home from our Southern California trip about 2 hours ago. Spent the last night in Oklahoma City at Mustang Run RV Camp. It was very nice. Had originally planned to spend one more night on the road, but when we got up this morning, decided to do a longer than usual day and just come on home. The total RV mileage for the trip was 3960 miles, also drove probably 300 in the toad while in SoCal. The ACE worked like a charm. We only had two issues, one expected and one unexpected. The cable TV wouldn't work anywhere, but we expected that since I already thought the coax from the exterior port was bad. This just helped confirm that. The unexpected issue was someplace along the way I developed a slow leak in the inside rear tire on the passenger side. It only seemed to lose air at night while parked. Pumped it up each morning, checked several times throughout the day and it was always OK, then the next morning it would be low again. I have to get it in for an oil change this week, so I'll try to have that tire checked at the same time.

This was our first long trip and we enjoyed it thoroughly except for the VERY strong winds leaving SoCal Monday morning and all the way across Texas on Interstate 40 from the New Mexico state line to the Oklahoma state line - I guess now we know why they chose the Amarillo area as the location for several hundred windmills. This trip confirms for us that we made a good decision when we finally decided to try RVing. We are already starting to figure out things we will want in our next one.
Yeah, West of Amarillo about 10,20,30 miles there are a couple of gas stations (out of business) that folks can park thier RVs for free overnite stays.