Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2021, 01:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni sv34
State: Minnesota
THOR #20471
Late march

We'd like an idea what campground for late March, northern Arkansas.
Have Thor Omni sv34
Thanks

Old 03-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #2

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
We live in Northwest AR. Let me knowwhere will you be going and maybe I can give you a few suggestions
Old 03-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyles@gentzfinancial.com View Post
We'd like an idea what campground for late March, northern Arkansas.
Have Thor Omni sv34
Thanks
If you are into country music (acoustic) then Ozark RVP in Mountain View, AR. Plan on at least a week to take-in the music venues. The RV park has its own picking shed where anyone can take part or listen. The state park (next door) has a great craft village where you can watch the craft people make their wares; as well concert auditorium with nightly concerts and a great restaurant that serves traditional mountain dishes.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:23 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
We were in SW Kentucky and parts of Arkansas last Oct/Nov. Even though it was a rather rainy week, we totally enjoyed it and will be going back to take in more of Arkansas in the future.

We stayed at Land Between the Lakes, Energy Lake CG and also Columbus Belmont State Park. These are actually both in KY not far from the AK line. Thought I mention them since you didn't give details of your planned trip or locations. (I see your are from MN. WE came down from Michigan.) Very much enjoyed both CGs.

In AK we stayed at Village Creek State Park and also visited Crater of Diamonds SP. The AK state park system is VERY nice; lovely campgrounds each with their own unique reason to visit. We had wanted to go to Mountain View mentioned above, but it just wasn't quite in the direction we were headed on this trip.

Near Little Rock we stayed at the COE Maumelle Park campground right on the river. That was our first COE experience. We will definitely look to find other COE CGs; very nice and not crammed in.

If you are interested in a KOA, the one in Hot Springs was great. Really friendly, helpful staff. Even have an on call shuttle into downtown for just a few bucks; very handy. (We normally prefer more rustic, but truly enjoyed this KOA.) It is built into a steep hill and the sites are tiered. That had me a little nervous before arrival, but as it turns out, the tiers made it feel much more spacious since your not stacked as close as on the flat. Don't get me wrong, you ARE close, but the tiers gave an illusion and feeling of more space. Would certainly recommend this KOA.

Enjoy your trip and feel free to PM if yuo want comments on some fun sites we saw and things we did.