Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2019, 12:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #15994
Question Leveling jacks

I just purchased a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 26HE. Do all models have manual leveling jacks? The day I picked it up was cool and rainy, and I was not happy withe rushed "walk-through" I received! I'm not getting much from the owner's manual.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I would appreciate any help!

Old 07-15-2019, 01:00 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamySu View Post
I just purchased a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 26HE. Do all models have manual leveling jacks? The day I picked it up was cool and rainy, and I was not happy withe rushed "walk-through" I received! I'm not getting much from the owner's manual.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I would appreciate any help!
I think you will find that few if any Freedom Elite models come with factory installed leveling jacks. Those that you see with leveling jacks are after market.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:28 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!
The Freedom Elite is aimed at a certain price point, so you won't have leveling jacks, even as an option. Most use the Lego style blocks for leveling.

I'd suggest you call the salesperson you bought from and tell them you didn't get an adequate PDI, pre-delivery inspection and ask for another session. If that fails, call the dealership manager or owner and tell them you are unhappy. It wouldn't hurt to mention that your online friends will be interested in their response!

Then take a friend and video the entire walk through. Then you can review it when a question comes up.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:38 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome

The Freedom Elite is a model branded for Camping World. In fact, the Freedom Elite has never been listed on Thor's web site as long as I have been a Thor owner.

On Class C's in general I found that under a certain size leveling jacks are an option, if they are offered at all. Generally they are standard on larger 30 foot or higher Class C's. This is not only Thor but with other manufacturers as well.

Enjoy
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote