Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2015, 03:41 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
Maine to FL this week... Detours around SC?

With the recent travel weather issues in the mid Atlantic, what are good safe RV alternatives to detouring around those impacted areas?

Any advice would be great.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo
THOR #2248
We are currently volunteering in western NC and watch the local TV stations, Ashville NC and Greenville SC and they have stopped mentioning the closed portion of I-95 in the news. I would not take that as gospel that I-95 is open but it is a good sign. The detour was 150 miles so they reported.
I will pay closer attention to news today and let you know if any more info comes out.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 34F
THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by ournextstop View Post
We are currently volunteering in western NC and watch the local TV stations, Ashville NC and Greenville SC and they have stopped mentioning the closed portion of I-95 in the news. I would not take that as gospel that I-95 is open but it is a good sign. The detour was 150 miles so they reported.
I will pay closer attention to news today and let you know if any more info comes out.

Thanks. I guess the detour was onto I20 west then I77 south then I26 east back to I95 South. We are going to take our time going back to FL so won't likely hit SC until mid week. Hopefully by then it will be open!
Old 10-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo
THOR #2248
Here is a link that may be helpful. It is dated last Fri but I expect it would be updated in a day or two. It appears some of I-95 is still closed but not exactly sure how much.
Complete list of SC road, bridge closings | WBTW.com
Travel safe. We will be heading back to FL in a little less then a month but need to go by the Florence area to visit DW's family. Hopefully, this will all be history by then.