Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2018, 01:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Medoc Mountain State Park Hollister NC

Packed up the new (to me) Vegas, the Leisure Queen (GF) and headed for Medoc Mountain Saturday AM. Only a 3 hour (140 mile) journey over towards the center of the state.

Since we were pre-registered it took mire minutes to check in and get over to our campsite. We dry camped, but had water tap about 15 feet to the right of our site and we were 5 minute stroll to the bathhouse. (Park has only 34 site with half being E/W. Made reservations too late to get one of those sites.)

Still it was a good experience. Spacious site, plenty of trees (but no hanging in to the campsite), clean. Heck, the firepit had been swept clean and nothing on the grates. First time for every thing.

The park has plenty of hiking trails (we hiked about 20 miles over 2 days), mountain bike trails and access to a nearby creek (Little Fishing Creek) where one can put a kayak/canoe in for some short trips.

Once the sun went down I noticed very little "movement" about camp. What little to be seen was folks headed to the very clean bathhouse.

Got out of there this AM ahead of the thunderstorms that were scheduled to be west to east in NC. Was raining by the time I go home and is still raining. Checked rain gauge a few minutes ago and it registered 3".

All in all it was a great way to recharge the batteries. Vegas did all it was suppose to do and the Leisure Queen was happy. She should be - had a chauffeur and chef to tend to her whims. But I love doing that for her.

2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote