Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Missoula MT

Camped in Missoula Montana last night. Jim & Mary's CG right off of I-90. Not a bad CG, decent wifi, level sites in the back, very long pull thru gravel, good utilities. A little pricey at over $40 even with the Good Sam's discount.

Woke up just after midnight because someone or something was shaking the coach. Convinced someone or something had been on our steps or had been up on our still hooked up motorcycle trailer. Looked outside and didn't see anything, but we also noticed that there wasn't any wind. As soon as we got back in bed it happened again. This time I armed myself and went outside to investigate. No one around and everything secure.

Got up this morning and discovered that Lincoln Montana had a 5.8 earthquake with aftershocks. Since Missoula is only about 55 miles southwest as the crow flies I guess that would do it. Mystery solved!

US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #2

State: Alaska
THOR #7889
Glad everything was ok and all are safe joe
Old 07-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane
State: California
THOR #8189
Wow! That had to have made ya chuckle.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #4

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post

Got up this morning and discovered that Lincoln Montana had a 5.8 earthquake with aftershocks. Since Missoula is only about 55 miles southwest as the crow flies I guess that would do it. Mystery solved!
Ha ha, that's a great story! I can see myself doing the same thing, glad it was just natural and not bad actors!

On our Challenger, I would likely try using my backup and side mirror cameras first, but seeing nothing (since there was nothing to actually see) I'd arm up and go out too.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #5

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
yep, I did turn on the rear camera plus docking lights back there. I guess in my mind after going outside and looking things over I really started thinking there was a better chance it could have been a darn bear and not humans.

It didn't seem all that funny until this morning. It has gotten funnier as the day went on though. Truth be told if we were from California a quake would have probably been the first thing thought of.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote