Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2021, 03:31 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
My Zion Narrows hiking video

Here is a quick video of me hiking the Zion National Park Narrows ... fun, challenging, and extreme hike.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Great what camp site are nearby?
Does one need a car to get there?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:36 PM   #3

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
Nice video.

Scubawise, we always stay at this CG. Full hook up. Right outside the gate of Mt. Zion. You can just walk to the gate. https://zioncamp.com/ ZION CANYON CAMPGROUND.

They also have a CG inside. Electric hook up only.

To go around Zion Stops and to get to the Narrows, you will need to take the park shuttle at this time. I believe you have to make reservation for the shuttle during peak hours.

Beautiful NP. We go there at least every 3 months.
ador is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:02 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Thanks we will book!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:13 AM   #5

THOR #22773
I stayed at Zion Canyon Campground and RV Resort. It is only 1/2 mile away from the entrance and a very easy bike ride ... or walk as I did a couple of times.

I will be doing a video on the campground and how to get around ... it is very complicated to get shuttle tickets, but very easy if you know the tricks. I never had a problem as I had my son buy the tickets from a very fast internet back in FL ... nobody has fast internet in Zion and you can not pre-order (one exception).
Old 05-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #6

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I will have to put this one on my list to visit. Looks great!!

Paul
Old 06-06-2021, 11:44 AM   #7

Model: 26HE
THOR #12744
Thanks for the videos. We are visiting most of the same locations in September.

I just learned that the Zion shuttle ticket has been discontinued. This is the statement on Recreaction.gov:

Zion National Park shuttle ticket system is discontinued. In response to updated guidance on transit systems and Covid-19, Zion National Park is discontinuing the temporary shuttle ticket system for Zion Canyon. Tickets will no longer be needed starting Friday, May 28, 2021. Previously purchased tickets will be honored at the Zion Canyon Visitor Center shuttle queue and given priority in shuttle line when initially boarding.

First come, first serve shuttle ridership will return beginning Friday, May 28th. Individuals that have purchased a ticket will have priority seating until advance-purchase tickets that have already been sold are used, ending on June 15, 2021.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:38 AM   #8

THOR #22773
That is great news as the shuttle tickets were a pain ... I brought my ebikes just in case I did not get the tickets I wanted because they are allowed.