Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #10744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Anybody use them for fuel, dumping tanks or overnighting?
We use them for fuel while traveling thru Central Oregon and California. The are usually a little cheaper than other gas stations. A typical Truck stop kind of station.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:14 AM   #22

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Illinois
THOR #13214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
I have never used them for dumping but I often fueled there and have spent the night as well. They are like most other high volume stations...some are easy to get into and others are not. Best bet is to check out on Google Maps for aerial view. As far as spending the night, that too varies. Some have trailer/camper spots and others have just the truckers area, which can be rather noisy unless you are running your AC.

I have a Good Sam membership and enjoy the discount on gas so I'll usually check them out first. Honestly, just for a quick overnight, I prefer Walmart...quieter.
Have spent the night there a couple times, and bought gS,, no problems
Old 10-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 23U
State: Missouri
THOR #8692
We really like Pilot / Flying J. They are easy to find, use the app on our phone, have good prices, discount with Good Sam Club card, have large bays for fuel, long windshield cleaners too!
We have dumped there a couple of times on the way home. Discount with the Good Sam Club again, but we found one that the dump trap was not locked! Oop's! I'll keep it secret.....heehee.
And they usually have a restaurant there. Good selection of parts and tools. And, you can always take a long hot shower if you don't want to add to your grey tank.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #24

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
look at menu opts on lt nav menu
https://pilotflyingj.com/store-locator/