Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2019, 11:40 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
ReserveAmerica Warning

We have our 3 grandkids staying with us so last Tuesday I did the What's Available This Weekend search for Florida State Parks. I was pleasantly surprised to see 1 beach side site available at Gamble Rogers park in Flagler Beach for Fiday, Saturday, and Sunday nights - that place is impossible to get in to normally - so I booked for Friday and Saturday nights. I got the confirmation email but didn't look at it until Friday afternoon when I went to print it right before we were about to leave.

It confirmed our reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights. Now I haven't used ReserveAmerica in a few years so I assumed I may have messed up. I called the parka and they had 1 "first come first serve" site available for Friday night so we got on the road for the 2.5 hour drive with our fingers crossed and a backup plan to stay Friday night at my DW's mother's house in Deland if necessary.

Well we got there and the site was still available (on the river side, not the beach side) but they couldn't move my paid-for Sunday night to Friday night so I had to pay for Friday night as well and assumed I's have to chalk up Sunday night'd cost to my mistake.

Saturday my DW went to the office to get the registration for the other site we had to move to and was able to get a refund for Sunday night. So overall we had a great time, but we noticed quite a few other campers on the beach side that we had seen on the river side - they had moved on Saturday as well.

Well after my DW talked with some of them it turned out their reservations had also been "changed" by ReserveAmerica, what was confirmed was not what they intended to reserve. So either we all made the same stupid mistakes or ReserveAmerica was glitching.

Bottom line - Check your ReserverAmerica Confirmation Email as soon as you get it - don't "assume" they got it right.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
I'm the paranoid type who always checks the confirmation immediately. I wonder if the system was glitching or just that particular park site. Either way good info for others to watch for.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote