Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
RV Downtime Maintenance

With many sitting still due the chinese sourced virus keep in mind that RVs sitting need a little attention. This is what I do:

1) cycle generator a minimum of an hour every 2 weeks or so. Gas is cheap and cycling fuel in float bowl is a good idea with current 10% ethanol. I do in afternoon and run house A/C.

2) Run the main engine to operating temp to basically do same thing. Will likely move RV on property some.

3) Run water ystem to keep sink/shower traps full.

I do this as RV usually never sits still more the 2 or 3 weeks without use. Going on 4 years and unit stills smells new inside.

Also remember to check stuff in fridge. We never shut fridge off and use as backup for house freezer. Depending how long this stay at home lasts, we may defrost the rv fridge. It would only be 2nd time it gets defrosted.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
So far I'm just keeping to my wintertime tasks: Run the engines every other week or so and check things. Our coach is still full of pink stuff.

Not sure if/when I'll get to it next as we're under a stay at home lockdown here in Michigan--fortunately I did run both engines the day before the lockdown.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #3

THOR #5313
We are in Florida so no real off season. RV is plugged in outside kitchen. When we have visitors they. Can stay in RV overnight if they wish. Right now has race trailer connected and ready to roll if any local track is not under lockdown.

Been real warm here. Almost summer except no rain in last 3 weeks.

We staying on this property till this is over.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Our coach is still winterized. Waiting until I'm sure the freezing period is over. Have been starting the engine and generator every week. Ours is plugged in sitting in our driveway so I don't have to go anywhere when it's time to dewinterize it. Just hoping there's somewhere open to go camping when the time comes.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #5

THOR #5313
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachray View Post
Just hoping there's somewhere open to go camping when the time comes.
I hear you. I was to be checking into Fort Wilderness Campground for 10 nights Moonday then race and off to NC for a dog trial and vacation. Oh well, there is always later.

Best of luck and be safe.