Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Salute to Veterans

Free access to parks!

Old 10-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That's a good idea!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:15 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Nice gesture - but since I didn't retire, haven't collected any VA health benefits, and my state doesn't have a "Veteran" identifier on DL/ID cards - I seem to be SOL. Why isn't any valid ID and a DD214 eligible for folks like me with 12 years honorable service?
"For free access to the sites, veterans will have to present a Department of Defense Identification Card, a Veteran Health Identification Card, a government-issued Veteran ID Card or a state-issued U.S. driver’s license or identification card confirming an individual’s status as a veteran."
Old 10-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #4

Model: Fourwinds 24F
THOR #9511
I would show up with my DD214 - it is a valid form of ID for the US Gov’t for veterans service. Don’t take no for an answer.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #1249
If you go to the nearest VA and get signed up with them, they will give you an ID card. I registered with them years ago before I retired.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:02 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #11380
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
Nice gesture - but since I didn't retire, haven't collected any VA health benefits, and my state doesn't have a "Veteran" identifier on DL/ID cards - I seem to be SOL. ."
I live in NC and will be getting a VETERAN identifier next time I renew my NC Drivers License even though I have an USN Retired ID card.

If you go to the NC DOT website and look under Online Services you'll find a section that's devoted to services for military personnel.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:20 AM   #7

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Nice gesture - but since I didn't retire, haven't collected any VA health benefits, and my state doesn't have a "Veteran" identifier on DL/ID cards - I seem to be SOL. Why isn't any valid ID and a DD214 eligible for folks like me with 12 years honorable service?
"For free access to the sites, veterans will have to present a Department of Defense Identification Card, a Veteran Health Identification Card, a government-issued Veteran ID Card or a state-issued U.S. driver’s license or identification card confirming an individual’s status as a veteran."

I just show folks an old picture in my wallet in my Class A's next to my wife-never been turned away....
Gary
GVP
Old 10-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
Quote:
File a VA claim, tinnitus is 10 percent given just to start!
Back is 10
knees 10 each

I help my bud file in CA, he only did 10 years, he is at 80 percent and kids go to college free in CA

I Filed my Nam Uncle 50 years after the fact and got him 50 percent first claim. He is in Connecticut and they have really bad ass VA hospital!
Old 10-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Kinda already have it in place! This card rocks! Everyone in car or rv gets in under one member. Fed and State! Saves you cash on bunch of other stuff also.

America the Beautiful Passes

https://store.usgs.gov/s3fs-public/a...pplication.pdf

Access Pass
Cost: Free (see note in "how to obtain" for more details)
Available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities. Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
How to obtain:
In person at a federal recreation site (see PDF list of federal recreation sites that issue passes)
Online through the USGS Store.
Note: The cost of obtaining an Access Pass online is $10 for processing (the pass is free).
Through the mail using this application form (PDF).
NOTE: The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is $10 for processing the application (the pass is free).
Additional information:
The Access Pass may provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services.
The Access Pass generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
Golden Access Passports are no longer sold. However, these passes will continue to be honored according to the provisions of the pass.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #10

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
As Calman mentioned:

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/offices-se...signation.aspx

Tags
veterans