Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Heading Out For 7,000 Miles

Almost everything is checked off the list. Still have to do the final load up before heading out Saturday for 4 months and around 7,000 miles (Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, S. Dakota, Wisconsin, then repeat down through Illinois/Kentucky/Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida)

We have numerous attractions and highlights planned for this trip. Granddaughters first communion, Yellowstone for the second time, daughter's wedding, Trike motorcycle rally, and what I hope to be my all time favorite stop of all......the Safe T factory west of Atlanta for my appointment on the second day of our journey!

I may be reaching out from time to time asking for advise or local information from members here, like restaurants, attractions, and other things in your areas. Hopefully not RV or Harley repair facilities.

To everyone either already out there traveling, or getting ready to go, we hope your adventures are safe and create great memories!

US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I wish you a safe and trouble free trip. Have FUN!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Wishing you a safe, trouble free and most enjoyable journey. Sounds like loads of fun you have planned. Post lots of pictures along the way.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
We have a couple friends that have been on the road for over a month. Been following them on Facebook. Learning a lot from for when we hit the road. They left NC and are now in California.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #5

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Don't know about posting pics, not extremely tech savy. May post some updates/observations though.

First couple days coming up though Florida and Georgia with warm temps we witnessed numerous blown tires, mostly on travel trailers and fivers. One newer utility trailer passed us going about 80 and sure enough several miles up the road he was pulled off with a shredded tire.

Second day (after having Safe-T-Plus installed) going up I-65 late afternoon flat bed semi passed us and when he was about 3 or 4 lengths in front he blew right rear dual. Saw the smoke and even heard the boom! Thank goodness I knew the lane next to me was clear because I just had time to change lanes and miss the major part of his tread that came off. I still picked up a chunk of it my rear dual and had to pull over to check it. As I pulled off on the next exit it dislodged itself and no damage done.

It was just a reminder to me early in our travels to pay attention to my tires and speed. I can watch my TPMS readings and see the psi and temps rise the faster I run down the highway, which is why I keep it around 65mph.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote