Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #19044
Smile Smoky Mountains

Looking for a nice campground for Class A Motorhome near Pigeon Forge, TN. Any recommendations?

Old 06-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I'll ask my wife when she gets home where we are staying in October. We have a 36' Super C and tow so we get pull-through sites that are big rig friendly.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Unless it is cancelled we are scheduled to attend an FMCA chapter rally at Two Rivers Landing RV resort in Sevierville, TN in July. It's not far from Pigeon Forge. There is also a KOA in Pigeon Forge.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #4

THOR #12751
Asked the DW..... we are staying south of Pigeon Forge in a quieter area. We are staying at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in October. Here is the link for reference.

https://camplittlearrow.com/
Old 06-05-2020, 01:50 AM   #5

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Asked the DW..... we are staying south of Pigeon Forge in a quieter area. We are staying at Little Arrow Outdoor Resort in October. Here is the link for reference.

Judge, you have to make the jump over the border into Asheville, NC. I'm telling you straight up: you won't regret it. Looks like Little Arrow is a happening place.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:16 AM   #6

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
Judge, you have to make the jump over the border into Asheville, NC. I'm telling you straight up: you won't regret it. Looks like Little Arrow is a happening place.
Back in April during the lock-downs, we stayed in Travelers Rest north of Greensboro, SC. We took a ride on the Spyder one day up to Asheville. I had been there on business but that was 15 years ago. It was vey nice but the DW was disappointed we couldn't see the Biltmore Estates. I'm sure we are going to plan a trip back again for sure!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #7

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Quote:

Nice place, just down the road from us and right at the entrance to the Park! You'll enjoy being on the river. Let me know if you need anything while you're here.

Mickey
Old 06-05-2020, 07:03 PM   #8

THOR #12189
Quote:
Back in April during the lock-downs, we stayed in Travelers Rest north of Greensboro, SC. We took a ride on the Spyder one day up to Asheville. I had been there on business but that was 15 years ago. It was vey nice but the DW was disappointed we couldn't see the Biltmore Estates. I'm sure we are going to plan a trip back again for sure!
If you took I-40, you passed right through one of my old stomping grounds - Marion. Go back to Asheville toward the end of spring, around early May. She'll get a real kick out of the flowers/foliage, manicured gardens, etc. It's not really my thing but my friend loved it. Take DW down restaurant row, where you'll likely score some huge points https://grovearcade.com/dining/.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:21 PM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
THOR #10928
Anchor Down. Check it out. It’s not far off the interstate but every campsite has stone fireplaces and great view of the lake
Old 06-10-2020, 06:31 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #6994
I have stayed numerous times at Ripplin Waters Campground in Sevierville. It will accommodate large rigs and some of the sites back up to the Little Pigeon River. I love it there. It's at 1930 Winfield Dunn Parkway - away from all the traffic but just a short distance to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, or Smoky Mountain National Park.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #11

Model: Miramar
THOR #12286
I live in Pigeon Forge. Looking around at the many RV parks in town, one of the nicer RV parks is "Pine Mountain RV Park by the Creek". It has concrete pads and full hookup. It is located on Pine Mountain Road just off the main Parkway, right in the middle of town.

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:22 PM   #12

THOR #16656
We always stay at rivers edge. They are super nice and it’s a great park with plenty of amenities. Plus it’s convenient to Gatlinburg and pigeon forge.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:30 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnet4444 View Post
I have stayed numerous times at Ripplin Waters Campground in Sevierville. It will accommodate large rigs and some of the sites back up to the Little Pigeon River. I love it there. It's at 1930 Winfield Dunn Parkway - away from all the traffic but just a short distance to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, or Smoky Mountain National Park.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:56 PM   #14

Model: Windsport 35C
State: Indiana
THOR #16561
Rv Park

We stayed at Riveredge again last week. Clean as always. Cleanest bath houses anywhere. Shade, nice pool with splash pad. It is the last place on the left as you leave Pigeon Forge heading towards Gatlinburg. Very nice people.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:30 AM   #15

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #11568
Riveredge rv & cabins

We just left there on Tuesday. Quiet and everything was clean with a very professional staff. Well located for everything
Old 06-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #16

THOR #15004
pigion forge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgunner View Post
Looking for a nice campground for Class A Motorhome near Pigeon Forge, TN. Any recommendations?
we just got back 2 weeks ago stayed in pigion forge at river edge rv resort nice place got a pool hot tub arcade right on the main strip easy to get in and out of weve got a 32ft class a
Old 12-16-2020, 01:30 AM   #17

Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
THOR #21394
If heading near Crosby, TN, check out Imagination Mountain Campground. Book a premium site though.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:22 AM   #18

THOR #12189
I'll suggest you go across the border to NC: Asheville, Old Fort, Marion. If you want to experience the 'mountains', TN is where they start, not where they top.

For you riders out there, look into the Devil's Whip, RT 80 (Buck Creek Rd -Diamondback), Little Switzerland to wind it up and Spruce Pine, Burnsville, etc to start winding it down. If you're that far into TN, don't rob yourself of the scenic beauty you may have otherwise missed.

Just FYI: after you get done with the challenge of Tom's Creek Rd, it intersects the BR Pkwy for a little more fun before you'll likely call it a day and make plans to finish the fun before you leave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201103_122659.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	27665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamondback.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	27666  

Name:	Diamondback-Hwy226A.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	27667   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190922_121854.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	27668  

Name:	IMG_20190922_121930.jpg
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	27669   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190922_131708.jpg
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	27670  

Name:	IMG_20190922_132557.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	27671  
Old 12-16-2020, 06:25 PM   #19

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Lived North of Knoxville for a number of years and rode the Blue Ridge Parkway and all the roads there every weekend

Great place to visit and live

Cades Cove is still one of my favorite places to visit and walk or ride the loop
Old 12-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #20

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgunner View Post
Did the KOA few times, pretty good!